Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hows my form (pic)

Old 11-25-2007, 10:51 AM

Default RE: hows my form (pic)

o rev i dont know how i missed what you typed my bad
Old 11-25-2007, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

does it look like my cams might be outa balance or is it me?

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/millerhunter13/100_4150.jpg

This is what happens when your draw lengh is too long, see how he's leaning back (My grandson). ( Of couse he's only four). This is the bow his dad bought him way too long of draw for him.. Your need to tuck those fingers in. When you have them poining out like that you are not relaxed... your knuckes need to be at fourty five degees slant from your grip and your fingers tucked in like a dead spider.

Sorry, I can't get my pic to load up.

ok i have people telling me to have my grip with my fingers out like the way i am doing it in the pic, and i have other people saying i have to have them in, which is right?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:59 AM

In addition to your draw length looking a little too long and your peep a little high, your anchor point appears to be too far back as well. You might try a shorter release- one where the bowstring is almost even with the tip of your thumb.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:01 AM

where my peep is where i like i can see my whole sight perfectly where it is at my anchor point actully is where my nose comes in contact with the string under the peep, and actully i already cut it down shorter.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Some people shoot with their fingers tucked in like a spider. Some don't. As long as you have a relaxed hand and no hand torque related shooting issues, I wouldn't change for the sake of change. I personally can't make that spider thing work either.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 AM

if i were to get a new release what about this one
Tru-Fire Stalker 3-Finger Release

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_62584_400014014_400000000_400014000_400-14-14
Old 11-25-2007, 11:06 AM

or what if i shortend my release even more, because that would be alot nicer and cheaper too.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Some people shoot with their fingers tucked in like a spider. Some don't. As long as you have a relaxed hand and no had torque related shooting issues, I wouldn't change for the sake of change. I personally can't make that spider thing work either.
at first i tucked it in, but after i tried it loose i couldnt go back.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

ok i have people telling me to have my grip with my fingers out like the way i am doing it in the pic, and i have other people saying i have to have them in, which is right?
[/quote]

I am right! If they are telling you to point your fingers, they have been watching too many tv shows with host that don't know squat about archery.... Look at some you tube videos on Olympic shooters. Pointing your finger is bad form, and if they tell you to do this, they need some lessons.
Bob Jankowski
Staff shooter.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:15 AM

Whatever works for you. Generally, I like to shortena strap release so that I can just barely get my index finger braced behind the trigger when drawing. And like most archers, I already have a collection of releases that have been tried and retired. For me, a release that puts the bowstring about even with the tip of my thumb is the one. That requires a trigger forward setup on the conventional strap releases. I like back tension for target shooting, but can't make it work for hunting.

Quick Reply: hows my form (pic)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.