Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Site too low???

Old 11-18-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Site too low???

I was siting in my bow today at 10yds and I got it perfect. But I had to move my site really low in order to do it and now it almost seems too close to the arrow. Is there anyway I can fix this??? I figure the only way I can fix this problem is to change my anchor point but I like where I'm anchored it feels comfortable to me. Anyone else have any other ideas??? thanks for any help
Old 11-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Site too low???

You need to lower your nock point a little, between a 1/16" and an 1/8", which will make the arrow shoot higher and allow you to raise your sight back to a more normal position. Then recheck with a paper tune to verify you are still in tune.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

As long as you've got adequate fletching clearance, don't worry about it.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the bow is tuned properly then lowering the nocking point is bad advice. You never do that.Once a bow is tuned you leave it alone.

A slight change in anchor point could help the situation. It doesn't have to be drastic. Maybe 1/4" to 1/2" would help immensely. I'd say you would never even notice the difference in the feel of your anchor. You just need to move your peep and kisser up the string that little bit.

Or, ar Arthur said, If you're not hitting anything then don't worry about it. Many times we archers tend to think too much.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Yeah I have it tuned perfectly so I would rather not mess with that. I will check for fletching clearance if that looks good I'll leave it but if not i'll move my anchor point. Thanks guys for all the help.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:57 PM

If you are only going to be shooting from 10 yards then an adjustment to your anchor and peep sight will do the trick. But, if this is just initial tuning and you will be shooting from further distances then sight in at 10 yards using your 30 yard (2nd) pin then once at 20 yards sight in your top pin. Your 30 yard pin should be pretty close.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had the same problem when i was a kid(10)after iswitched my bow from lefty to righty(eye dominance issue)... took me a while to figure out what was the deal....talked to a few guysand moved my peep sight up and got thingsin that comfortable middle ground

do you duck your head to look throu your peep?

if you do your peep needs to be moved up anyway....alot of people set there peeps too low.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:54 PM

Moving your peep up a little bit like said above and 1/8" to 1/4" wwill make a pretty good change at the sight.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is your bow really tuned properly? If a 10 yard sight is close, any pin forfurther will have less clearance. It doesn't sound like it is setup properly. Is the arrow being supported by the rest in line with the berger button hole? When you draw your bow with your eyes closed to your anchor point, open your eyes and your peep should be aligned with the center of your eye.