Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

guardian short draw length issue

Old 11-18-2007, 10:59 AM

Default guardian short draw length issue

has anyone had problems with the guardian with the short draw length. My gaurdian is a 26 draw length and the cable rubs on the upper cam. looked at several others with the short draw modules installed and they do the same. Dealer remembers hearing this and that on the upper cam the cam needs to be filed down some so the cable will not rub and wear the serving out. Just looking for some info from some of the bowtech staffers on this. Before the dealer does this he is going to call bowtech but that will not be until tuesday because he will be out of the shop hunting just trying to get info so I can quit worring about this. After paying that much for a bow anything wrong will upset you. Its an 07 and its the 26 draw length and I have had it not even a month any info on this issue is appreciated
Old 11-19-2007, 07:50 PM

Default RE: guardian short draw length issue

I have a 28 1/2 draw and I also had the same problem. It is not a big deal according to the local pro-shop, but they did put in a word to Bowtech and Bowtech has now sent me NEW cables and a NEW string. And will also be insalling all for FREE under WARRANTY. Talk about customer service. The proshop will also be filing the cams down where the cable rub a bit....
Old 11-21-2007, 11:50 PM

Bowtech has served me well. they have redesigned the modules on the shorter draw length bows. The modules are deeper but still did notcorrect the problem completely. So the local shop did the same to my bow they filed down the edge some well as much as there are comfortable to do still didnt completely solve the problem. The dealer will be sending the bow back to bowtech at the break of the season which for me is in two and a half weeks when I get back from Kansas. I dont think it will be that long to get it back before the rut starts here in florida which is extened archery season. But bowtech takes care of there people unlike some other brand name companies ie Hoyt, Matthews. I have had problems with both and neither one has been willing to help me fix the problem but bowtech awesome. And for you other company shooters I am not bashing there bows they are great I am just saying they arent all about their customers. There about the $$
Old 11-22-2007, 06:59 AM

If this is a common problem I find it disturbing that Bowtech would put a product like that on the market. To me that is unnaceptable, even more soconsidering the Guardian is a top of the line rig.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DeerStalker80

Bowtech has served me well. they have redesigned the modules on the shorter draw length bows. The modules are deeper but still did notcorrect the problem completely. So the local shop did the same to my bow they filed down the edge some well as much as there are comfortable to do still didnt completely solve the problem. The dealer will be sending the bow back to bowtech at the break of the season which for me is in two and a half weeks when I get back from Kansas. I dont think it will be that long to get it back before the rut starts here in florida which is extened archery season. But bowtech takes care of there people unlike some other brand name companies ie Hoyt, Matthews. I have had problems with both and neither one has been willing to help me fix the problem but bowtech awesome. And for you other company shooters I am not bashing there bows they are great I am just saying they arent all about their customers. There about the $$
Glad to hear you are being taken care of properly!That's why I have alwayssupported the company, because they put customer service as job one!! Good Luck in Kansas!!

Dan
Old 11-24-2007, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: DeerStalker80

Glad to hear you are being taken care of properly!That's why I have alwayssupported the company, because they put customer service as job one!! Good Luck in Kansas!!

Dan
So is this a common problem or not? Good customer service is great butthe problem itselfhasn't been addressed in my mind if indeed this occurs on short draw length Guardians. If it is a common problem then Bowtech didn't do their R&D properly, then sent out bows with issues, leaving thedealers to put a bandaid on it if I'm following along here correctly.

I'm not bashing Bowtech so don't get the wrong idea, but as a 28" draw customer thinking of giving Bowtech a try, this has left me scratching my head.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

As far as I know it's pretty isolated. I have owned 2 Guardians 28" draws, and a friend has one, 25" draw and neither has the problem. I stay in contact with 3 dealers in my area and they have told me they have seen no recurring problemsAnother thing I admire about Bowtech, even when a problem is only affectinga small minority of the bows it's still important for them to take care of it.

Dan
Old 11-25-2007, 05:44 AM

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've had my eye on that bow since it came out and shot it a few times. I liked it a lot.

I don't replace bows nearly as often as many here do, so I really try to think things through and put myself into something that I'm going to enjoy for a good while. Bow troubles stink! Been there.

Thanks again...