Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

muzzy broadheads

Old 11-11-2007, 06:24 AM

Default muzzy broadheads

i just bought a pack of 3 blade muzzy's and its is either i am as dumb as a box of rocks or these thing are hard to put together i can not get the blades to seat in place to screw in the tip? and help would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:28 AM

Default RE: muzzy broadheads

There is a little trick to getting them in the ferrule right. They slip in from the front one at a time - the blades have a little tab that engages the rear. There should be a diagram on the package . . . .
Old 11-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

What's fun is putting on a getting off the bleeder blades on the Muzzy Phantom 220 grain heads... But I still wouldn't use anything else.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: The Rev
But I still wouldn't use anything else

Old 11-11-2007, 10:05 AM

i wouldnt use anything else either now that i have gotten them setup and i have shot them, i havnt shot for a while because my target to a crap and i just bought a new one last night so my accuracy isnt perfect like it was but i can tell a difference between my old ones and the new ones.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

What works good for me is to get one of the blades started in the slot (about half way down the ferrell/shaft) and then get the other one started about half way and then finially the third. Once you have all three blades in about half way gently push them down the rest of the way... Make sure they are all pushed all the way down and they screw on the tip...
Old 11-13-2007, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Throw them away. I was using these same heads this year when I shot at a buck and missed this year, piece of garbage blades bend and ips brak off just hitting the ground, what the hell is a broadhead if itshatters on impacting a bone?? By far the phantom is the worse broad head I have ever shot in my life. Im stiucking with my Muzzy MX 4 and Wasp Hammer SST's.

ORIGINAL: The Rev

What's fun is putting on a getting off the bleeder blades on the Muzzy Phantom 220 grain heads... But I still wouldn't use anything else.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

i just bought a pack of 3 blade muzzy's and its is either i am as dumb as a box of rocks or these thing are hard to put together i can not get the blades to seat in place to screw in the tip? and help would be appreciated.
The new MX-3 goes together pretty easy and I have had them shoot just fine. I have hit plywood with them and the blades didn't bend. Can't wait to drive one through a deer.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM

yeah they are very accurate now that i have them put together, and as tough as tough can be. but i dont want to shoot them that much and already re sharpend them because i shot them to much.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:09 PM

Hey we have been killing a pile of deer with Muzzys and we love them, but all muzzys are not created equal. I had a problem with blades that wouldn't seat also. I called the company, and they sent out a new ferrel. I returned the original as requested. I also find the 4 blade 100s fly the most consistantly for me. We have pictures posted at whitetailkillers.com

Quick Reply: muzzy broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.