Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Nocks Breaking Consistently - pics

Old 11-08-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Nocks Breaking Consistently - pics

i just recieved this bow yesterday, bought from e-bay, and im attempting to paper tune it. however, the nocks keep snapping the left side (i shoot right handed).this bowstring is thicker than my last, would that cause the nocks to grasp the string too tightly? snapping them?

also, it looks like the whisker biscuit is chewing up my vanes....
Old 11-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Nocks Breaking Consistently - pics

string size could be the problem... more likely the bow is seriously out of tune make sure you center shot is close before shooting again... Wisker buiscuits are not meant to have feathers shot through them. I recommend if you you want to continue to use feathers then put a dropaway rest on the bow or if you want to stick with the WB then start shooting blazer vanes they were made to shoot through the WB.... Good luck
Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 AM

my centershot was slightly inward on a right handed, adjusting now to 1/8th outward, then ill try it again, thanks!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:11 AM

I had the very same problem a few years ago. It was due to the arrows being way under spined. Might want to check it out.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM

im shooting Easton XX75 2216 Lites from a 63lb Fred Bear.. i believe these are acceptable...

http://www.martinarchery.com/easton/targeast.html

edit: after moving the rest to fix the centerline issue, i shot 3 arrows aproximately 10 times., no issues.. earlier, i broke 3 arrows on 13 shots, so it seems adjusting the centerline did help....
Old 11-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Glad that worked for you. Now you just need to put some blazers on those shafts and you will be zipping through that WB and breaking nocksat the other end of the Range
Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

If you think that the nocks may be pinching the string too tightly. Get a kettle of watering boiling and dip the nock end of the arrow into the boiling water for approximately 5 seconds. Then pull it out of the water and snap the nock onto the string and this will resize the nock to your string.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Feathers look just fine to me. No reason you can't or shouldn't shoot feathers through a WB.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 PM

i had quite a few beaten up feathers, so i changed 6 sticks over to vanes tonight, ill shoot them side by side, see if i notice a difference
Old 11-09-2007, 05:31 AM

Are your nocks the old pro nocks if so they are soft. They where made to not be glued on and to brake easy to keep arrows from kissing out of the bulls eye. Looks to me your nocks are hitting something hard like your rest are maybe are to small for your string. If was me I start by cutting off the nock end of your arrow, getting some inserts and the newer nocks.

Quick Reply: Nocks Breaking Consistently - pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.