Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which fletch glue

Old 11-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which fletch glue

I have just orderded myself a bitzenburger jig ( straight ) for fitting quikspin ST vanes , which is the best glue to use ? and is their a thread on here for fletching begginers .
Old 11-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which fletch glue

For vanes, I just use any of the gel type cyanoacrylate 'super' glues. The important thing to remember with this type of glue is it is pressure sensitive. For it to adhere properly, push firmly on the clamp to apply pressure against the shaft for about 10-15 seconds before releasing it and going to the next vane.

It doesn't take much pressure and, if you press too hard, you run the risk of making the clamp shift in the fixture. That'll yield fletching that looks like it was done by a drunken sailor.[:'(]
Old 11-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

For vanes, I just use any of the gel type cyanoacrylate 'super' glues. The important thing to remember with this type of glue is it is pressure sensitive. For it to adhere properly, push firmly on the clamp to apply pressure against the shaft for about 10-15 seconds before releasing it and going to the next vane.
Well that saved me a lot of 2 finger typing

It doesn't take much pressure and, if you press too hard, you run the risk of making the clamp shift in the fixture. That'll yield fletching that looks like it was done by a drunken sailor.[:'(]
Or Bob[8D]
Old 11-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use "Goat Tuff", and it works GREAT...
Old 11-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

I use "Goat Tuff", and it works GREAT...
All Goat Tuff is, is an expensive gel cyanoacrylateor in lamams terms super glue gel
Old 11-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Or Bob[8D]

You keep this up you little Australian Pygmy Runt, and you'll be riding in the back of my truck to our axis hunt. .. OOOHHHH, gonna get cold.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cheers guys , so super glue gel does the job ?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep. Just make sure to get the gel type super glue, not the liquid.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:44 AM

Ive been refletching my own arrows for awhile now and I have tried every glue on the market including goat tuff, the very best that I have found that works for me is Bondini Super Glue Gel comes in a green package. Your fletchings will not come off and it cleans up real nice. It even says on the package cuts through grease and grime and still makes a strong bond try it youll like it, you can find it at Wally World...geo
Old 11-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like Loc-Tite super glue gel. Its cheap, works really well, and the bottle dispenses the glue cleanly and evenly.

Quick Reply: Which fletch glue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.