Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot single cam ???

Old 01-19-2003, 07:21 PM

Default Patriot single cam ???

Hows it going everyone. Interested in 3 bowtechs. 1. Dc pat, heard alot about it and will try it out. but sounds like to many problems. 2. extreme vft like everything about it except maybe the BH. will shoot it also. 3. patriot single, any pictures? I like all the specs, so any info on #s yet. I hopefully will get to shoot all 3 next sat. I think rack attack got one, so lets hear about it. Thanx for the info. fishon.......

Old 01-19-2003, 07:38 PM

Default RE: Patriot single cam ???

Fishon,

The simgle cam Pat is just a super bow. It is much quiter than the DC patriot. The wall, valley and letoff just feel outstanding to me. I have not run it through a chrony yet, It seems pretty fast, but not as fast as the dually. The grip is awasome IMO. No jump, Vibration or shock, just super to shoot. If the speeds come up where I want them to be, this will be my bow for the next season.

At 70lbs, the draw is MUCH smoother than the dually. At full draw the bow just does not creep, very easy to shoot off the wall and very smooth IMO.

even with the reflex in the riser, the bow does not torque, the slim square grip helps in that.

A completely diff. feel than the dually, and much, much more suited to what I like in a bow. In 15 mins I was shooting this bow lights out.

If you prefere higher letoff, and single cam - The 03' pat is the BOW
Old 01-19-2003, 08:12 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Is the 03 as top heavy as the 02 model? I had one of those and without a level on my sight it was a bear to keep from canting.

Old 01-19-2003, 08:22 PM

tm,

Not top heavy at all, I held the 02 and 03 side by side, and there is a noticable dif. All the 03 bowtechs, extreme, dually, single pat feel great in the hand. I think they set up with a lighter stab, than the hoyts or mathews.

IMO the 03' pat feels much better than the 02, and the grip rocks!!
Old 01-19-2003, 08:23 PM

I bought a new Bowtech Patriot recently. Hunted with it the last part of late archery deer season. This is a great bow! I tried the Matthews Q2, PSE Firestorm, and others before deciding on the Patriot. Has a smooth draw, solid wall, and is unbelieveably quiet. I use Goldtip 5575s at 27.75" and a 29" draw. String leeches, and sims limbsavers. I have the Readyrest shoot-through rest (I love this rest!), and use 4-blade 100 grain muzzys. After eliminating my peep and tubing by going to a homemade HINDSIGHT type rear sight, the bow is so quiet I can hardly believe it. One tip - - the bow is not split limb, but I bought the sims split-limb limbsavers for it anyway. I put them on the split part of the limbs close to the cams and tightened them so that they were barely resting against the cables. This may be one of the reasons it is so quiet. I chronographed it after installing the limbsavers and it didn't lose any speed. With the above mentioned setup except field points, the bow shot from 288 to 292 fps. Above everything else, the bow "fits". Feels good in the hand. After a few sight adjustments, I was hitting a half-gallon plastic jug with broadheads every time(the range I shoot on has this setup for their only broadhead target). I advise you to shoot one, shoot all of them and choose the bow that feels most comfortable. I haven't shot the DC, I just can't see the need for it with the single cam Patriot I have.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:02 PM

Thanks you guys. I hope the dc pat gets here before sat, or i will have two settle on one of the other two. Rack attack, or i could be like you and just buy both.LOL. Whes3298 I like the sound of the way you have your bow setup, and great tip on the limb savers. Great #s to. Thanks again fishon......