Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What gives with my arrow flight?

Old 11-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What gives with my arrow flight? UPDATE

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Swamp,

If the bow is set at 29.5" then that is the DL. Yes, it can be a little off but will not be that far off. In another post I stated that the DL is measured from the nock at full draw to where your hand touches the bow grip curve +1.75"

Are you saying your BH's are 2" right of your FP's? If so, move your rest a very small amount (1/32") left and see what happens. My BH's hit where my FP's do with Wac'em Exits and the QAD rest. As I've stated before, I had the same problem and it was the rest that was the problem. Small wiggle with fletched arrows abd BH's off. I also had the arrows sticking in nock left. Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for the reiteration on the DL part. Makes good sense that way. I doubt I can measure it myself though, but I bet it would be funny to see me try. I digress. You've been a huge help Dave, and offered some great insights, and I really do appreciate it a lot. It looks like I might just have to bone up for some new arrows. Maybe I can pull the early christmas present card with the girlfriend and get a handout. I'm spoiled on arrows, and I'm not going to shoot .006 mostly straight and mostly spined right $50 carbons. Its like putting used tires on a corvette or a tasco scope on a Dakota.

Big... good luck on the hunt. I do like the Schaffer, and in fact do also like the QAD. If anyone around me sold the LDs, I may have been inclined at the time to put one on. I tried a hunter, but got bounce back and had all sorts of nightmares with clearence. I messed with it for 7 hours straight and then said the hell with it. I have a QAD on my girlfriends Trykon Sport, and on my Mathews LX, and they are the heat. Love'em. But that Mace just didn't want to take it. Again, who knows. The scahffer has been pretty good to me.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What gives with my arrow flight? UPDATE

Thank Swamp.

I think quicksilver tried a QAD on his Iron Mace and ran into the same issues. You may want to shoot him a PM to ask him about it if he did indeed try the WAD.