Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

string loop or not?

Old 10-23-2007, 10:14 PM

Default string loop or not?

Is there any advantage to having a string loop on your bow? Is there any difference in accuracy between bows with string loops and bows without? I know it seems to add a bit to your draw length, andsince I have ashorter draw length anyway I don't really see this as necessary. Just curious and looking for any opinions one way or the other.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:21 PM

Default RE: string loop or not?

Yes bows are easyer to tune, no string torque and a tied in one your bow will shoot a little faster not much. You can shoot lighter spine arrows. Great for short bows
Old 10-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Read through the thread at the top for reasons to shoot a loop...
Old 10-24-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will just say try it you will like it.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use one , but if I were just starting out I would defiantly use one , they have many advantages , the reason I don't change is because of my anchor point , I'm set in my ways .

If you chose not to use one and shoot from the string , you must use a cushion below your nock , not doing so will wear your nocks quickly and ruin accuracy .
Old 10-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am in the same boat as Jimmy, but I am strongly considering going to a loop. Next year, though. I don't want to change anything mid season.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:32 AM

Thanks for the advice, guys. Sounds like it may be good to switch to one this offseason. This leads me to my next question- how much draw length does it add to my bow? I am somewhere between a 26.5" and 27" draw length without the loop. Does this mean I should go down to 26" if the loop adds about .5" - 1.0"? It just seems awfully short, and I also wonder how much speed you lose when you shorten your draw length.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:21 AM

Depending on who ties the loop, .5-1" is probably a good guess. You will lose speed when you shorten your drawlength but it won't be enough to hurt you. It's better to lose a bit of speed than to have a bow that does not fit you. Accuracy kills.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:58 PM

In 1994 I went to the IBO world and see Hall using one and ask him about it. He was the only one using one at the time he showed me how he tied it and he talk about how he thinks it makes the bow shoot a lot better he also came out with the overkill release to use with it. When I got home I told a freind who owend a proshop and he thought I was crazy, so I started to play with it. That year I went are IBO midwest indoor and when I got there shooters where asking me about it they never seen one used before and how to tie it. I won the shoot and the next time I was over that way ever one and there dogs had one on there bow and than it realy took off like crazy.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was a anti string loop guy untill 3 years ago,now its the only way I will go......made my anchor piont fell way better.

Quick Reply: string loop or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.