Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

DC Patriot Problems

Old 01-29-2003, 07:08 PM

Default RE: DC Patriot Problems

Mun,

I have been hearing all sorts of things about both the adjusters and the cams.

I have my RA number, and the DC Pat is shipping back to Bowtech Tomorrow.

Hopefully all ends well.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:02 AM

I stopped by a shop yesterday that had a new DC Patriot sitting on the shelf. I was EXTREMELY impressed with the changes Bowtech made to the grip and the draw cycle. The Pat was set at 67 lbs, and it drew way easier than the 60lb. Pro 38 DC (2001 model) that was next to it on the shelf. Because I have been following this thread, I did look for cam lean on the bow. As stated by others, the bottom cam did lean closer to the limb that the top cam did. In fact, there was only about a 1/32" gap between the bottom cam and the limb. This may be fine, and the bow's tolerances might be good enough that the cam would never touch the limb. A few twists of the harness should increase the gap. Personally, I tend to be a little anal about such things and if I owned the bow I would be constantly checking for the cam rubbing the limb.

Old 01-30-2003, 11:34 PM

The lower cam on the 1999 Darton Maverick I had was very close to the bottom limb. I'd guess it was within .035 or .040 and I never did see where it had any contact the limb.