Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Don't hold your breath on your DC Patriot

Old 01-16-2003, 08:07 AM

Default Don't hold your breath on your DC Patriot

After my DC patriot was supposed to be here 10 days ago, and then subsequently yesterday with no show, I had my dealer call bowtech to find out what's up. Of course, most everyone was at the ATA show, but he did find someone that could give him an update. Apparently they are not shipping any DC Patriots at the moement, due to some problem with the strings. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. This is really getting tough! Late next week at the earliest is what he was told.

Rod
Old 01-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Don't hold your breath on your DC Patriot

Rod,

Well that blows. I know the 30” mods have had them backed up too…

I wonder if this problem with the strings is due to them finally starting to get the cable tuners out? (possibly a mismatch in size needed?).

Better to get the bugs worked out before they go out the door, rather than to have a problem in the customer’s hands.

And I know it’s easy for me to say so because I have one, but the wait is worth it I can assure you. You and I are similar in that we share similar needs and wants out of our equipment, so I will say you’ll be very impressed once you get it.

The positive thing is that folks are not having to wait till April and later like last year for the PAT I-cam. The ATA show just started and the bows have been shipping out for two weeks.

Old 01-16-2003, 10:09 AM

"The positive thing is that folks are not having to wait till April and later like last year"

That is true. Gotta keep it in perspective I guess.

Rod
Old 01-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rod.

I know how you feel on having to wait.

I have not heard anything about string problems are you sure the dealer is not giving you an excuse because he never ordered the bow when you placed the order with him.
I know some dealers will wait till they have 5 or 6 bows to order before calling them in.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 01-16-2003, 11:42 AM

HotLZ, right now is not a good time to order any bow from any company. They are just starting to get the new models rolling & in some cases working out a few bugs that have poped up. As you stated the ATA show takes a lot of these companies time & sometimes they wait to see what kind of response they get on each model at the show. I would say wait & see, my local Bowtech dealer is having the smae problems oredering bows right now. If you really like the bow it is worth the wait! Sometimes dealers are at fault but givenm the time of year & the new models just rolling out give him a break & see what happens. If in another 2 weeks he is giving excuses then you might want to call bowtech yourself & ask what is up & see if the dealer ordered the bow.

Old 01-16-2003, 12:20 PM

I'm probably as guilty as anyone about being anxious to get my new bow but it must be an incredible task to design, R&D, outsource, test, produce and market new archery products. We live in a bigger world than we know and it's hard to comprehend what it takes to put the whole shootin match togther. The fact that we can purchase what we can in this country is trully a gift. Lots of people spend a ton of cash to bring a product to market besides the product being sucessfull.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:26 PM

I know my dealer's not giving me the run around because I was there when he put in the order. Also, I have spoken to Mike Allen at BT about my bow personally, so I know the order is in. After hearing they were having problems with the 30" draw mods, I called in and talked to Mike, and got him talked into sending me my dually with the 29" draw mods, and he was also going to put in the 30" ones that were too long. He said the only way he could get it out the door was if it had 29" mods on it. That was last Wed., and he said it was going out the door that day. So yesterday was a week, and still no bow, so my dealer called, and that's when the guy said they were having some problems with the strings. He did say that the guy he talked to didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the pack, but all the guys that know anything are at the show. So who knows? I guess it's here when it's here.

Rod

Edited by - HotLZ on 01/16/2003 13:28:41
Old 01-16-2003, 05:27 PM

I can't wait anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sold my 2002 and am bowless!

I just hope it is here by bear season, I didn't get mine till July last year and it was ordered at the show!

Old 01-16-2003, 06:10 PM

Heck, my dealer got in an extra one when the one he ordered for me arrived. It is just hanging in his shop for sale.

Now, if my '03 Black Knight would just arrive?
Old 01-16-2003, 07:14 PM

Hi,

Cancel the order and go get a Mathews,you won't regret it.

Quick Reply: Don't hold your breath on your DC Patriot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.