Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fred bear instinct problems

Old 07-11-2008, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fred bear instinct problems

I have a Instinct, had the same problem, until I changed out the stock strings to Rock Solid, wear problem is gone...
Old 07-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: fred bear instinct problems

Bingo I fixed it.
Don't know if this will work for you but I also smoothed off the very inside edge where the string rolls over where the module and cam meet. Then here's the part that sounds like a rig job but worked great. I took two small paper punched circles of paper(business card) and put a dot of super glue on each and placed them next to the first two of the three holes on the module and re-inserted the module. Presto slack was gone and module was pushed out and more in line with the string (where talking thousands here). I had to smooth off the circles and then it fit snug.
Again the amount of slack here is microscopic but was enough to cause the serving to be cut on the edge of the module and wear prematurely. After many shots the serving doesn't seem to be getting 'clipped or pinched ' by the edge of the module anymore and premature wear seems to have halted.