Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Game camera flash

Old 10-12-2007, 05:24 AM
Spike

Default Game camera flash

What are your opinions on whether or not the bright flash of a game camera scares deer?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 AM

Default RE: Game camera flash

probably depends on the deer, but i've got pictures of a very large, mature buck, in a series of ten or twelve pictures. in some, he was bedded down. so i'm pretty sure it wasn't bothering him.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:06 AM

I would say no; it doesn't bother them.I've had a flash camera on the same mineral block for two years now. I have been able to get the same buck all summer long so they keep coming back. I've even gotten the same deer two or three times in the same day.

Because of the location of my mineral block I've even have the camera only 12-14 feet from the block itself.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've talked to guys who have hadbear spook from the whiteflash going off when taking a pic. I've seen pictures to where the deer were on there way out when the pic was taken also. My cuddeback no-flash even alarms the deer and bear a little bit when its taking videos and taking pictures so a regular flash would have to really get there attention in my opinion!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

i think it does scare them because i have gotten pictures of bucks on my camera and then none more of them, so i will sit out by the camera and see the buck make a big loop around the camera to avoid going in front of it.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 AM

it didn't seem to bother this one...
Old 10-12-2007, 08:46 AM

i have a dozen pictures of this deer.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:48 AM

not even a bait pile to bring him in. heck, maybe he just likes getting his picture taken.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

what a dandy buck!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Spike

Thanks for the opinions.

I'd like to buy 5 cameras and buying 5 IR cameras is just too expensive, so that is why I'm asking.

In my opinion, deer see lightning during thunderstorms, so I wouldnt think the camera flash would be much different. Also, the big buck above bedding right in front of thecamera evenwithout bait to hold him there is a good example.

Quick Reply: Game camera flash

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.