Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD HD LD experts

Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 PM
bigcountry

Default QAD HD LD experts

Ok, I got me a QAD Ultra RestHD. I installed it easy enough on my commander. Set it up so it pops up to 90degrees within 1" of full draw. Ok, out of the first 10 shots, the rest failed to drop 5 times. Loud noise, and tore fletch. After that I shot another 30 times and it worked perfectly. Couldn't get it to fail.

Any tips? After the 30 shots, I adjusted the tension a tad more so it drops within 1-2 inches of full draw. I shot again another 10 times and worked fine.

Do you think it needed broke in???

Also, I don't like all this cord, so I was thinking of raising it, but they say it will drop slower. I am worried the cord will hit the arrow before it gets off. I doubt it cause its moving fast up.

I paper tuned, and it tuned perfectly on my binary cams. I was worried cause some on here said it might not.

Take a look and let me know what you think?

Old 10-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Default RE: QAD HD LD experts

Most likley your clamp was slipping on the first few shots. Get rid of the clamp and serve the cord thru your string. Both of my rests are backed off on tension until the last minute bit of draw and they work great. It is better to have some tension on the string than none at all though.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:14 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: sigfla

Most likley your clamp was slipping on the first few shots. Get rid of the clamp and serve the cord thru your string. Both of my rests are backed off on tension until the last minute bit of draw and they work great. It is better to have some tension on the string than none at all though.
But if it was slipping, that would have meant it would get worse, not better, wouldn't it? If it was slipping, then it would not come up to the 90 degree angle.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:51 PM

Sounds like there wasn't enough tension in the control cable to fully cock it into the released position, but if that's the case it shouldn't have gotten better without your intervention to tighten it up. I hate the little clamp. I'd serve it through the down cable and eliminate one failure point, it'll also allow you to get rid of some of that excess line.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:31 PM

The guy who set my bow up served my QAD cord in but i was having fletching contact due to the cord being too tight and it was not dropping in time. He also did not put the rest up high enough so the forks were hitting the shelf on my bow and not dropping down to parallelto the shelffor full clearance. So i raised the rest up, raised my nock up, removed the serving and used the clamp per QAD's recommendation for easy adjusment and adjusted it per their instructions. My bow shoots better than ever now.
Two suggestions for you, the clamp/serving (which ever you choose) should be even with the bottom of your grip and once adjusted, remove the excess below the clamp/serving. Don't worry about the arrow hitting the cord....i don't thinki it will happen
Old 10-12-2007, 06:10 AM
bigcountry

Well, I got it paper tuned last night, and cut and adjusted everything. I fired probably another 30 arrows last night and couldn't get the QAD to fail. I just know now, I want confidense when I take it out hunting.

I have to admit, it paper tuned faster than any other rest/bow I have seen. I eye balled everything first, and set my rest hieght 1/16" over level, and its shooting bullet holes. I also had a slight nock left tear and had to move my rest slightly to the riser. I have a feeling my carbon express edge350 at 29" isslightly weak. I can't wait to try to broadhead tune Sat at 50 yards.