Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable rubbing on Cam with my Guardian

Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Cable rubbing on Cam with my Guardian

Hey guys I have a little bit of an issue. I noticed that the cable on my guardian when being drawn back is actually rubbing on my top cam just under were the module is located. This is wearing my cable down to were it is flat on the right side of the cable. I switched from the stock cable slide to a Saunders Hyperglide and was thinking this may be the problem, but I know many people on here switched from their stock ones to a Saunders. Any suggestions before I take it to the shop? Here is a pic of the cam where it is hitting.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cable rubbing on Cam with my Guardian

If you have a draw length of 29+ inches and use a clable slide that pulls the cables over more than the stock one does this will happen.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

If you have a draw length of 29+ inches and use a clable slide that pulls the cables over more than the stock one does this will happen.
My drawlength is only 25-1/2" long.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Spike

I've got a Saunders Hyperglide in the Guardian and the Commander and neither one is rubbing. My draw length is 29 inches on both. What if you switch to a Limbsaver or Alpine slide that doesn't pull the cables over quite as far as the Saunders? Just watch your fletching clearance and see what happens. Good Luck
Old 10-10-2007, 05:16 PM

Went to the shop today and tried a bunch of different cable slide, but all of them still hit the cam just barely. I'm not too worried about it, but will see if getting new strings and cables after the season help. The guy at the shop said the cable might have stretched a tad and might be the problem. But with a slight adjustment of the sight i shot 7 out of 9 Xs so I think I should be good to go.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

have they checked the bushings in the cams? have they checked the limbs for limb twist?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same problem with my Guardian. The problem is, the shorter your draw length, the more surface area is exposed beyond the module (as shown in your picture). The longer your draw length thesurface area reduces, as the module goes out wider on that shelf.

My serving is beginning to rub away andflatten quite a bit where it contacts the top cam, and there could possibly be some limb twist at full draw even with the new center track cam technology.
Changing the cable slide does not make any difference, as I have tried 'several' and the contact still exist.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:11 AM
bigcountry

You know I looked closely at my commander, and I am slightly rubbing too. It hasn't caused any problems yet. But I have only shot like 100 shots thru it.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

28" Draw here. No problems on my Guardian

Dan
Old 10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

28" Draw here. No problems on my Guardian

Dan
I would say that your signature has alot to do with that.

Quick Reply: Cable rubbing on Cam with my Guardian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.