Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

torque once in awhile

Old 10-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default torque once in awhile

Ok, I've been posting several messages about my grip and I've narrowed my problem down. But every dozen arrows there's one who fishtails. It isn't the arrow.
I've changed the grip on my tomkat and I did my best to copy the grip some of you showed me in pics but I have small hands and it's hard to get my thumb and index finger in that position as posted in the pics.....I don't want to change the handle again, I like the feel of the wooden one I put on.
Any other pointers would be helpfull............................
Or should I move to Maryland ?

F.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: torque once in awhile

Frank,

Move here. First though we need to hit the Belgium bars.

Without watching you shoot it's hard to figure out how to cure that shot. It could be that you just shot11 great arrows and now are concentrating so much on that 12th that you torque. Could be you get a little tired on that shot and your form breaks down. Do you shoot all 12 in a row or shoot 3 or 4 and then take a break to retrieve? If you shoot all 12 in a row I'd bet it's fatigue.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

F

Ihad similar problem and dave could be right , i stopped shooting 9 arrows and concentrated on three's and sixes max . Definately worked for me .
Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Davepjr, long time no see , how you doing.....
problem fixed I should say...this is how I practice, I empty my quiver, look at the hits, retrieve the arrows, load up my quiver and look at my bow if everything is still tight.
I started to mark the arrows that were going way off, so it wasn't any arrow in particular.
But Ausie-guy told me not to check my level cuz it doesn't mean sh"t, if you haven't got third axis and so on....
So last evening I just got a good feel of the bow and the handle, aimed and out of 6 arrows I shot 3 of them through the vanes of the other 3, resulting in a group, tight as a hooters' girl tanktop !!!
I have a tru-peep that is a little bit too small to show me the level and the top pin, so I aim and leave the level down my line of sight.
I was canting the bow to get it level which made me torque my bow....
I'm gonna try and videotape my draw and post it somewhere soon...
F.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Frank.

What you can do is drill out the tru peep. But take it off the string first.

Once you have it to the desired size paint the center of it with a black perminant marker.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

^^ thats what i did but the opposite,, filled the hole (1/8) with epoxy and let it hardend,, and drilled it 1/16th.. and then slowley made it bigger buy larger drill bits (64ths icriments) untill i was happy with the sight picture