Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

draw length

Old 01-14-2003, 07:37 AM

Default draw length

I am getting a new hoyt and am a little unsure of my draw length. I have been shooting 27 inches but the bow I shot last night was 28 inches and did not feel too bad but I was not shooting with a loop and I plan to once I fully set it up. I read in Bernie Pellerite's book where he had a chart showing your draw length in comparisson to your length from fingertip to fingertip and according to it I should shoot 27 inches. Can anyone give me any tips on deciding? I anchored good to my nose and had a slight bend in my arm that was not as bad as it has been with my 27 that i have been shooting. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:46 AM

Default RE: draw length

The wing span method tells me I shoot a 28" draw but I use it as a refrence only. I shoot 28" and a loop and it feels just right my arm is not locked out but the bow is at full draw

draw a 28" bow and get anchored in, now give the string a tug and see if you are really at full draw. If you shoot a loop subtract .5" from your bows draw length.

If you getting a Hoyt the easyest way to do it is get cam 1/2 it has adjustable draw length.