Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How is my form? Pic Included

Old 10-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How is my form? Pic Included

I'm not gonna advise you myself , but i can honestly say TFOX and ROB got me shooting 2" groups at 30yds by watching his TFOX's video and both of them talking me through how to get a better form . I'm not saying anybody else is wrong , but what i am saying is TFOX and ROB will get you shooting better ( tried and tested ) . Right now i am grouping better than i could wish and feel real comfortable in the style i was taught , thanks to both and the Guys on HNI

What release are you using ?

Old 10-09-2007, 10:01 AM

Sorry I don't know TFOX. Nice video, but that dosn't tell me any thing there are 1000s of archers out there that shoot will and another 100,000 out there who don't give a crap how we shoot. Over the last 45 years shooting pro and Am and working in pro shops booths at archery shows I have never see TFOX are talked to him, but TFOX is young not one of the good old boys. I was also was on hoyts shooting staff at one time and not just a store shooter ether and I have shot beside are talked archery to most of there staff. I have also have been on Easton, Trueflight, pro sports, bear jennings and some others shooting staffs over the years. I shot with some of the great ones the Prigens, Persons, Rhodes, Wareners and so on. I have see lots archers come and go, I have seen lots of want to be and some that are realy good shooters tell they put $4 or $500 doller in the pot are a big buck walks in front of them. Most of us do shoot with both eyes open, there some that don.t and some of them do shoot will. I shoot with both eyes open and I don't which the arrow going to the target. Thats a bad bad habit will get you in trouble some day. The only time I see the arrow is when it comeing into the spot I'm shooting at and hitting it, if it dosn't and it's off the spot I have no idea were it hits. I maybe I'm wrong with some of you, but I think they call that total consentration on aiming and haveing my form down to were I don't have to think about it, just feeling the the shot going off and knowing the feel of a good shot are a bad one.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

The arrow crosses your line of sight TWICE,it is not peeking if you see it.You don't have to watch it to see it.Especially when using bright fletching.

I discussed this with a very knowledgable coach once(he even has a couple students that have set world records) and he agreed that youCAN,see the arrow,even when concentrating on the spot.

For the record,I don't shoot all that well anymore,I was ok at one time.I was never great.

I agree with you there are alot of different forms utilized by the great shooters but most of us are not great shooters and need to try and stick to a few basics to help us shoot better.But there definately isn't a cookie cutter style for everyone.

I used to hang out with Clyde at the Bullseye booth at ASA shoots but I really couldn't afford to go to very many shoots with the travel expenses so you probably wouldn't have seen me.I would be considered a wanna be.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry about taking so long to reply for some reason i could not log on. I went to the local pro shop today and he took a look at my form. He said that if it is comfortable it will be ok and it is really not that bad. He said that my draw length looks to be about 1/4 inch long if that. It just looks long because if the short bow length. He did help show me that the release could be adjusted and said that that is all i should really worry about. I noticed a difference in shooting just from shortening the release. I think i will keep everything the way it is for now and just practice practice practice.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Id go to another shop , never hurts to get another oppinion , from the pictures which are not that good , you look way over a 1/4 inch long
Old 10-10-2007, 04:56 PM

Listen to what your pro shop is saying. He's there to help you
Old 10-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

another one with draw legnth about an inch too long