Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Ultra rest setup

Old 10-02-2007, 02:12 PM
CIG

Default QAD Ultra rest setup

I put the QUD ultra drop rest on last year - not the current LD model. I had problem with it then, but after putting on the higher launcher I had fletching clearance. Well this year the fletching is hitting on the right side - cock feather up. It only effects the mechanical broadheads - NAP shockwaves 100 grain. It's hitting on the right side of the rest and tears off the felt. I have a Bowtech tech 29, 70lbs. Missed two does because it drops the impact point 4 inches low and four inches to the right - right handed bow, at 20 yards. Last year field points and mechanicals exact same point of impact out to 40 yards.

Bow is tuned, so what to do? Is this jumping up from release, need new springs - worn out? Can I move the cable holder on down the bus cable about 1/8 inch at a time and see if that speeds the drop and I get clearance? Do I move the rest in to get clearance or will that mean re-tuning the whole bow again through paper? I know they don't make this rest anymore and they all have the LD feature. I'm just wondering what my options are. After figuring this out I did get a doe on Sunday. Now that I can shoot a buck I would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD Ultra rest setup

Make sure the rest is hitting its full upright position either right at full draw or an inch or so before. You dont want it hitting any sooner than that or it wont drop fast enough. If your good on that then you can either turn your nock just a smig conter clockwise to keep that right fletch from hitting or you can slide the rest closer towards the riser which will allow it to drop a little sooner, but if you do that then you have to adjust your timing cord. Hope this helps, good luck.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:57 AM
CIG

I'm going to check my nock point and see that it's above center (I down loaded all the companies info. from their web site) and then check that it's only rising the last inch of draw to full up.

If that is good then I will try the moving the vane location and if that will not work then will try moving the rest in and resetting the cord.

Can that spring wear out and need replacing or can it even be replaced?

Thanks passthru79.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shouldnt wear out, I guess it is possible its not dropping as fast. Usualy something has changed on the bow, arrow or vane that causes contact. Im guessing you might be a tiny bit high on your nock point. If thats the case the your nock end of your arrow is actualy headed down at launch which will cause contact. I ran into that problem earlier this year, little bit of string stretch and I didnt notice until I started getting funny flight and black marks on my vanes.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:04 AM
CIG

I cheked the nock point, which was fine and I checked the point it comes to full up in the draw cycle. I adjusted that, but still was getting contact.

I then did, as you suggested, and moved the nock position and I have clearance. Arrows were getting bad flight with field points now. Throwing it off 3 inches to the right at 15 yards.

All is well now. I will shoot all my arrows and make sure they are all the same and then shoot some mechanicals for final check. Thanks again passthru79.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure thing. Glad I could help, I know sometimes things sure can get frustrating. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

passthru is the QAD guru!!!