Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable length problem Hoyt

Old 09-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Cable length problem Hoyt

My Hoyt Striker (with contender limbs) sprung the cable(s) while sitting in the corner. It is old enough that none of the local shops know what length the cables are supposed to be. I have located a shop with lots of cables, but he does not know the length.

Can anyone point me to a place that would have a cable length lookup for a 1997 Hoyt redline striker?

Thank you in advance ! ! !
Old 09-29-2007, 11:00 PM

Default RE: Cable length problem Hoyt

WRONG YEAR. IT IS A 1998
Old 09-30-2007, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not that they would still be the same length still as they're supposed to be, but knowing the length of the remaining ones should be a help in finding the right set. What do you mean, sprung?

Your in luck. Hoyts web site under tune charts has you bow listed. Gibblet here can help you out. Bucknasty strings.

THIS IS EXACTLTY WHY I WILL NOT GO TO "PRO SHOPS". THEY ARE ANYTHING BUT. LAZY SLOBS. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE.!!!!!! Took me less than a minute.(not talking to some of you guys around here. I know you care.)
Old 09-30-2007, 07:34 AM

here's a link to your bows tune charts on the hoyt website.
http://www.hoyt.com/technical/charts.tpl?page=98_striker.inc

when you find the correct row you'll notice that the cable length they give you is shorter than the actual axle to axle length of the bow - which is impossible. what you'll need to do is measure from the split in the buss cable to the axle closest to it - and add that number to the cable length they give you. in other words hoyt didn't use to include the yoke distance in their cable lengths. to complicate that, the yokes were not a standard size - some would have a 5" split - others a 6" split, and so on (all floating yokes).

so, if the hoyt chart says you need 34.5" cables - you'll measure from the split in one of the 2 split buss cables, to the axle closest to it. it will probably be 5" or 5.5" or 6". then add that number to 34.5 and you'll have your total cable length. in this case if the distance was 5.5", you'd order cables 40" long.