Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Review my form part 2.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Review my form part 2.

O.K., I've made a few changes. First, my drawlength has been shortened to 25". I'm shooting a different release and I adopted an open stance. I don't think the closed stance I was using will work very well with heavy hunting clothes on. Tell me whatcha think...
Old 09-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Review my form part 2.

All sounds good to me, when you switched releases did you got to a shorter one? I know thats alot of short draw length shooters problems is that the release is too long. My wife is shooting a tru ball copperhead with the strap style and I have the strap as short as it will go to fit her.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, pictures didnt post the first time. Id say everything looks pretty good, only thing I would try is droping your left elbow some. You want to try and get a straight line from you elbos down through your arrow. Try it and see if it helps. Really being comfortable and consistant is what matters so do what feels good as long as your consistant.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:48 PM

your draw lengh looks a bit to long.......it's supposed to be vertical w/ your eye.by the pic it looks(to me) maybe a half inch longer.....but dont take that to heart....if you feel comfortable w/ it go with it. i do agree about dropping your left arm. your forearm should be leverl w/ the arrow..try and keep that level.your stance looks good.

btw it looks like a bowtech....is it?

otto
Old 09-27-2007, 07:53 PM

U lefties are backwards......

Looks pretty good, actually. It may just look this way in the photo, but you need to square your hips up. They appear to be thrust forward some......also, your bow arm shoulder is a bit collapsed. Looks pretty good though.....
Old 09-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like an equalizer, my wife is shooting a parker micro phoenix. I was thinking about upgrading her next year. Do you know what kind of speed you are getting and what weight arrow, draw weight ect.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I disagree with dropping the elbow,alot swear by it but I am a true believer if it isn't comfortable down,then leave it up.Plus,it is harder to use the back muscles if the arm is down too low.It looks more like you have a low anchor and might look into raising it a bit for a little more solid feel(that should give the appearance of lowering the back elbow in line with the arrow).That will have to be a personall thing though.

Your feet should be shoulder width and you might need to practice a little closer than that for deer stand shooting.(platform width)

You look a bit wide but not bad.Your hips are pushed forward just a slight bit ,try pulling them back a little.It will feel like you are leaning forward at first but that is the right feeling,that is actually centering your weight.See your front hip is out in front of your front shoulder,it should all be in a stright vertical line,feet,hips,shoulders.

You release does look long to me.I have a short & sweet that I have shortened the rope to where there is almost no rope left.This is so I can get my finger over it and apply pressure without reaching.

The second shot is how I shoot awristrelease.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bViuXcW-rAk

You also look like you are bending your back,NOT LEANING but almost like you are starting a back bend.You need to strighten up imo.

You MIGHT still be a little long but you are pretty close now.Maybe a 1/2"

I personally don't like an arm that bent but that is another one of those that is a personal thing.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 PM

Here's a crappy quality video of me shooting in my basement. I did not realize I was incorporating so much extra movement in drawing the bow. Oh well, I'll get stronger http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v317/doegirl/?action=view&current=andr3a154.flv>
Old 09-27-2007, 08:32 PM
bigcountry

Wow, thats one bent arm. But like T said, its a personal thing. Maybe elbow little high. Also, not sure what type of release, but might try shooting it without gripping it. Just yourwrist pulling it, and your index finger hitting the trigger. I struggle with that. But looks like decent follow thru on the release.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

The hips are worse in the video,you should be able to see it clearly in the video if you didn't see it in the pic.

Many call this leaning back when in reality your hips are just pushed forward.

In the video,you are leaning back also but you don't appear to be in the pic.

This habit can be caused from being overbowed with too much poundage and/or draw too long at some point.

Quick Reply: Review my form part 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.