Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Review my form part 2.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:36 PM

Default RE: Review my form part 2.

Looks good...drop the left arm a little. Also, practice from different positions. I understand that you are thinking about form right now, but when you are in an actual hunting situation you, most likely, will not be able to get your shoulders square, feet shoulder length apart, etc... One other thing to remember. If you hunt from a tree stand, remember to bend at the waist when you put the pin on the deer. Many hunters just drop their bow arm, aim, and shoot. By doing that you will throw your body position off, and as a result the shot. Come to full draw, then bend at the waist untill you have your aim ready.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is called muscle memory.

You practice right so you do not have to think about it in a real situation.

GOOD FORM IS EASILY REPEATABLE bad form is not.So therefore,less to remember.[8D]

Just like when a mlb player will still use a battingT for practice,working on their form and technique so they DON"T have to think about it.

Practice doesn't make perfect,perfect practice makes perfect.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The hips are worse in the video,you should be able to see it clearly in the video if you didn't see it in the pic.

Many call this leaning back when in reality your hips are just pushed forward.

In the video,you are leaning back also but you don't appear to be in the pic.

This habit can be caused from being overbowed with too much poundage and/or draw too long at some point.
Yeah, I've catch myself throwing my hips forward all the time. This time everyone called me on it I find with the bent arm I don't tense up the bow so much. But I agree it does need to be straightened up a touch. Honestly, I could crank the bow down a couple pounds, I'm just not willing too. The broadheads are flying way to well to be screwing with the setup.[:-]
Old 09-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you think you need to crank the poundage down,then you probably need to.

Honestly,I was going to suggest it.I also really believe you need to be shorter on draw,but it is real hard to know for sure,untill the hips and leaning are corrected.Some will say that is backwardsbut I have been accused of being backwards before.[]
Old 09-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

It is called muscle memory.

You practice right so you do not have to think about it in a real situation.

GOOD FORM IS EASILY REPEATABLE bad form is not.So therefore,less to remember.[8D]

Just like when a mlb player will still use a battingT for practice,working on their form and technique so they DON"T have to think about it.

Practice doesn't make perfect,perfect practice makes perfect.
I agree with this 100%.That means that when you start getting tired and/or form starts to go bad, put the bow away. 5 minuets of good practice is worth more then 5 hours of bad practice.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You look good , from the picture your draw length looks pretty good , but your release forearm is not pointed down the shaft , it should be , your release elbow is up too high . Remember , down the arrow , once you get it level , make sure its not going to the left or right also.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

3 time vegas champ.Elbow even with eye,above arrow.

7 time national champ elbow even with eye,abovearrow

Number 1 ranked archer for years,hell,he may still be.Elbow even with eye.

Doegirl,we don't knowwhat she will achieve yet,elbow even with eye.If the draw was a 1/2" shorter with a shorter releaseand the anchor was raised to get the string back to the corner of the mouth and end of the nose,picture how much better the arrow would be in line with the elbow.

yours truly,nobody just below the eye.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bViuXcW-rAk
Old 09-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Archery icon,55 national titles(I believe)and former vegas champ.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

TFOX , if you look at Daves video , he is pretty lined up with the arrow . maybe not dead on , but close , also ancors will vary between a wrist strap ,and a 3-4 finger handheld release .

Pictures do tell a thousand words , and no dening the geys pictures you posted shoot abouve and beyond
Old 09-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave and I both look to be inline with the arrowbut it is the anchor that causes it,NOT the elbow.Well,maybe a combo of the 2.

The elbow is very close to inline with the eye in every picture.Not exact but close.

Braden is using a wrist release and I have a wrist release on inthe second shot in my video.

My main point with the photos is to point out that this goes into the personal preference catagory.

Quick Reply: Review my form part 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.