Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

DC PAT: First Impressions

Old 01-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DC PAT: First Impressions

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Jeff,

Are you keeping the vibrablocks on and adding limb savers or do you take the vibrablocks off??

Any of you guys use the two piece Bowtech quiver, Looks like they may spin a bit. Are they noisy?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Sorry about that...

RA,

I have used the VB in conjunction with Sims stuff. I generally put the VB's down near the limb pocket and then put the limbsavers in the normal position. I'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference having the VB's on as well, especially on a 60 pound bow. On a 70 pounder it might be more noticeable, I suspect I'll give it a shake, just to see what happens.

I don't use two piece quivers but the new one piece detach looks very nice. I think I'll be ordering one of those come hunting season.

BTW, did ya get your new modules yet?

Jeff

Old 01-14-2003, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Jeff,

Are you keeping the vibrablocks on and adding limb savers or do you take the vibrablocks off??

Any of you guys use the two piece Bowtech quiver, Looks like they may spin a bit. Are they noisy?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I've used both the one piece and two piece BowTech quivers.

It won't spin as long as it's tight. That goes without saying huh?..

If it did, it would only be able to spin a very little due to the design cut on the mounting hardware which is hard to see in a pic.

I used the two piece quiver (which was a first for me) on a hunt out in Oregon back in Sept. The quiver is very quiet and very durable.. I fell on it three times...Rough country for this flatlander...

It's the quietest quiver I've ever had on any of my bows but again, I've never used a two piece before.

I also used the one piece for my regular treestand hunting since I always hang my quiver on my tree. Again, very nice quiver.

I know they are made to fit 8 arrows but I think 8 would be very crowded in the hood. I carried 6. 4 sharp broadheads, 1 dull head for whatever and a judo cuz...I like to play...
Old 01-14-2003, 12:24 PM

Jeff,

Thanks

No mods yet, a week or two. I did shorten my release about 1/2&quot;, and shortened the loop. It did help. I have been shooting, just have to shoot alot more to get used to it. Once I get it dialed in ,it should be sweet.

BS,

8 is alot of arrows, I wish you offered a 5 arrow. If I get it I will probably modify it.
Old 01-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

UPDATE:

Tonight I cannibalized a pair of Stealth Limbsavers off my P38, and put them on the DC PAT. I also put a pair of leeches on ( 2 or 3 inches below the last speed nock) and took off all of the BT Silencers. I pushed the VB's down to the limb pocket. Finally, I took the 3-4oz endcap off my Sorbotek.

It pretty much annihilated what recoil was there and the noise was reduced dramatically. I shot a couple of 400 grain arrows and it was not bad at all. A bit louder than my CyberTec but not a whole lot. I didn't get a chance to shoot my heavier Terminator Selects, but I suspect that it will be quite acceptable considering the speed it's putting out. And I cannot say for sure without a chrono but it seems like I picked up a bit of speed.

I highly suggest that folks who own one now or have ordered one, do the same: as I had suspected it made a significant improvement.

JeffB