Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 01-18-2002, 07:07 PM

Default RE: ?? for Pinwheel 12

My Martin Quest is basically a throw away bow!

>>>>--------o-->
Old 01-19-2002, 06:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-19-2002, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

Bwrong-

No, they are not a terrible bow, in fact they are a great bow for the money. (as stated) I know that Ellett has a bunch of them, don't know what to tell you other than some people will get a good deal on them. Once a bow is discontinued it is "weened" out of the line, yes, of course there will be some parts left for awhile, and some parts are interchangeable with other bows, but unfortunately some are not. After awhile they disappear, I guess it is up to the individual to decide as to what they want, and if they feel it is worth it. Me, I would buy one at that price, no problem for a hunting bow.

The SuperNova is a pure target bow, I'll have more info for you all when I'm allowed to. Good shooting, PW12
Old 01-19-2002, 08:56 AM

PW12,

I am not sure I understand which parts would be the problem, other than the riser and limb pockets. I believe the Merlin limbs will still fit, the cam, ilder, should use same bushings, or else they can be easily made. Axles, should be pretty standard. The way I look at it, one of these bows will last years unless it really gets abused, in which case it was probably worth the cost anyway.

I no longer have the one I had, but it was a good bow. I don't think you can go wrong with one for the current cost.

Just saying that the fact it is phased out should not necessarily scare somebody looking to get an inexpensive good bow away.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

Rob-

You are correct and that was not my intention if it came across that way. The bows will last indefinately provided nothing goes wrong with them. I was merely stating that the cases CAN arise when there will not be sufficient parts due to the fact the factory has weened them out. But as stated the bows are definately worth the money. Good shooting, PW12
Old 01-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]