Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why does it twang????

Old 01-10-2003, 04:02 PM

Default Why does it twang????

I can't get the string of my 35lb bow to stop the twang, i tried using Shock Stop, but it just wouldn't work. The string is relitively new, but i think it may be something wrong with the way i draw. I use 28" arrows, and have a 27" draw,(no harm there). But the string just won't stop the twang, i'm not even sure the arrows are the problem, but there is a problem here. Any tips that i can use would be extremely helpful at this point. However, i would not like to use any more accesories on my string. thanks for your reply, if any.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why does it twang????

Put a set of cats whishers or string leeches on.
They will stop the twang.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 01-10-2003, 11:14 PM
kop

Default RE: Why does it twang????

Put a set of string leaches on they are made by sims vibratory labs the people that make limb savers.Last year I was shooting my bow on video a couple of days later I put a set of string leaches on.When I played the video back you could here the twang very clear.Then with the sting leaches installed the twang was totaly gone the only sound was a soft thump.This should take care of your problem you'll be amazed at how quiet you're bow will be like I was.