Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

tru fire releases

Old 09-19-2007, 06:34 AM

Default tru fire releases

guys i need your opinions. I'm in the market for a new release and have shot many that i was too thrilled about. I've been looking at the tru-fire hurricane release and it sounds nice, but i have no dealers around here that sell them so i can't shoot it first. if any of you have any pro's and con's for me i would really appreciate it. maybe other suggestions also.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:39 AM

Default RE: tru fire releases

maybe i should have put this in the gear review forum, sorry
Old 09-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

While it has been a number of years since I shot a wrist strap release, I did own, and still do own a TruFire Hurricane.

I would say that from a functional standpoint the release is well built and will stand up to years of shooting.
From a shootability standpoint I will give this release a big thumbs down.
The trigger travel required to get the release to fire is quite long. This has lead to more than one archer I know of developing target panic. I would say that you would be much better off with something like a Carter quickie, Two Shot or a TruBall Short-n-sweet. All of the mentioned releases have a very short trigger travel that really allows you to shoot the release properly with back tension.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with 98Redline...I'm new to using releases and now have a Hurricane. Too much travel. I do not shoot it well. But better than the thumb release I was using without a strap. I'm so used to using fingers I was letting go of the entire release. The release reeks havoc when you send it through your rest let me tell ya.

I'm waiting for a scott to come in the mail any day now.