Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Center shot on a Bowtech Old Glory

Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Center shot on a Bowtech Old Glory

I was reading some bow tunning articles on the internet and came across one that said most bows have thevertical centershot marked some how. If anyone could tell me if Bowtech does this and what marks this spot I'd be in debt to them I've got my bow shooting pretty well the way it is, but I just want to make sure.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Center shot on a Bowtech Old Glory

The vertical point for most bows is usually the Burger Button hole.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 PM

Thanks for your help dave, but I'm still confused. I'm not sure what the burger button hole is. I tried looking at two different archery dictionaries to keep some of my pride, but I couldn't find anything on it. If it is what I think it is then I'm a little bit off.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is the hole that you screw your arrow rest on to the riser... It's dead center of that hole.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hole that rests screw into was originally there for Burger Buttons (cushion plungers). I still have one from 1985 or so with a Golden Key arm rest.

Buttoni.e. Plunger, Burger Button—The button is a device that, when the arrow is being shot, prevents the rear of the arrow from overtaking the front. It also aligns the arrow in the center of the bow and keeps it from hitting the bow once shot.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 PM

Ok now I understand and I get where the term comes from. It was what I thought it was and I'm a little bit high, but I'm not going to mess with it tonight I guess I've still got a lot to learn. Thanks a lot Rev and Dave for your help its people like you that make this forum great.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

The hole that rests screw into was originally there for Burger Buttons (cushion plungers). I still have one from 1985 or so with a Golden Key arm rest.

Buttoni.e. Plunger, Burger Button—
The button is a device that, when the arrow is being shot, prevents the rear of the arrow from overtaking the front.
It also aligns the arrow in the center of the bow and keeps it from hitting the bow once shot.

This is a bogus statement....Where did you get this?
It is true it aligns center shot left and right on a riser that is cut way past center......Center shot has nothing to do with the hole location on the bow either guys....its the location left ot right on the riser compared to the center line of the string and limbs....

[align=center] [/align]

Old 09-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

kirkl,

Abow also has a vertical center shot. For most bows it is the center of the Bruger hole. you calim in anotehr thread ot have a lot of experience even though you are a newbie here but your statement is wrong.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, it's Berger button, named after its inventor Vic Berger...

Running the arrow straight across them is the optimal starting point.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Depending on the arrow rest used you may find it shoots better just a touch high of the midline of the Berger button holes, especially with fall aways.

Quick Reply: Center shot on a Bowtech Old Glory

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.