Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need help 03 cybertec rest

Old 01-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need help 03 cybertec rest

I've had my cybertech for about a month now and cant find a rest to work with it . I'm getting contact . I'm try'n to use matrix 400's with vanes , I've tryed a muzzy zerro effect , trophy taker shakey hunter , and a mirage {worst of all} . I'm useing 4" vanes cock vane up . All were setup to come to up position in the last 1 to 2 inches of draw .

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place
Old 01-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need help 03 cybertec rest

ij,

Although it seems to have a bad rep (most likely from the sub-par 2001 models) I have had no problems with the re-designed for 2002 Montana Black Gold Trapdoor fall-away.

I've been shooting it on my '03 CyberTec with no problems...I also had it on my PSE Enforcer, a trio of Bowtechs, and a 2K2 UltraTec without a hitch once I dialed in the proper sensitivity for each bow.

I did shoot my original Patriot with some vane equipped arrows with no problems, but generally I shoot feathers, so if there IS some slight contact, it is likely not show up.

Old 01-09-2003, 05:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto. Same here. I have tried the Montana Black Gold Trap Door rest on my Razortec over the last few weeks with nothing but good results. I haven't utilized it nearly as much as Jeff but I think it is safe to say..."so far, so good." Maybe the new GKF Powerdrop will suit your needs better..but you will have to wait a bit yet for that one.

Old 01-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replies guys , I genraly shoot feathers also but had a lot of rain days this year and am trying to find a vaned arrow for those conditions , also with vanes my arrows are around 425 grains and with feathers around 400 . I know they had some problems with the trap door and I remember they had a limited life span but may give that a try or its back to feathers . Jeff have you shot vanes through your setup ? when I say I'm getting contact its not just a littel its alot like black marks and screwed up half way from the edge of the vane to the shaft . I've never had this problem with these rests before but the way hoyt has the rest hole toward the back of the risor and its narrowness is what I think is causeing this problem for me , still I could not believe it when it did it with the trophy taker it looks like it drops very quikly . I did notice that the cabel that pulls downward when you draw does not move in a downward motion as much as some of the other bows I have setup .

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place