Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy's don't work for me.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Muzzy's don't work for me.

I was out shooting today and had all pin's shooting bullet's ,that'
s until I put my Muzzy 90's on and all heck broke lose ,After coming close to throwing my bow across the yard , i decided to throw on my last season's Slick Trick's ,well what a surprise ,i was shooting bullet's once more ,so I guess the muzzy's just aren't for me . I was shooting 27"Easton Axis400 S/T's with 2" blazer's . I've heard from other guy's that they figured the 2" Blazer just wasn't enough vane to control the head. I don't know this to be a fact ,but it certainly appear's to me that they just might be some truth to this in my case .
Has anyone else got any idea's ,to why these Muzzy's aren't working for me ?

nubo
Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Muzzy's don't work for me.

The only way I could get them stable was a 5" feather w/ the most helical I could get....I've never had anything but trouble w/ those, which is why I no longer use them.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

refer to my pm
Old 09-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

i dont have a problem with my muzzys grouping. 100gr 3blade last year and 125 3blade this year. they are definently finiky to bow tune...exspecially the 125s. they make the 100s look like baby broadheads lol. but once i got er in tune she threw the 125s where i wanted them to go.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

My experience has been that Slick Tricks are easier to get field point matchining flight and impact than Muzzys. Still though, I have not found Muzzys to be a really big problem. If the Muzzys were used, and had been shot several times, there is a chance that the ferrules are bent. The ferrules are a somewhat weak point with Muzzys, IMHO. The aluminum ferrule can and does bend. The blade interlocking system is the strong point of those heads I suspect the Muzzy broadheads that you have are not spinning true to the arrow shaft.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: nubo

s until I put my Muzzy 90's on and all heck broke lose ,After coming close to throwing my bow across the yard , i decided to throw on my last season's Slick Trick's ,well what a surprise ,i was shooting bullet's once more ,so I guess the muzzy's just aren't for me . I was shooting 27"Easton Axis400 S/T's with 2" blazer's . I've heard from other guy's that they figured the 2" Blazer just wasn't enough vane to control the head. I don't know this to be a fact ,but it certainly appear's to me that they just might be some truth to this in my case .

nubo
My bro in law just switched to carbons this year so we paper tuned his bow(new bow also 'drenaline'),got it shooting bullet holes with feild points and decided to screw on a 100 grain muzzy 3 blade and shoot throuhg the paper and it was perfecto!!So what I'm trying to say is maybe your bow is out of tune.I'd try the walkback method of tuning for broadheads start from 15 shoot a group then walkback 10 more and try it if they start hitting left or right you can move your rest in or out just a little and when they hit where you are aiming the same at 60yds then you got it!!! Oh by the way he shoots 2" blazer vanes!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

The only way I could get them stable was a 5" feather w/ the most helical I could get....I've never had anything but trouble w/ those, which is why I no longer use them.
Maybe It's cause you don't tune your bow correctly?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: nubo

nubo Don't use them then!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy's are the standard I shoot for , If I can get my muzzy's and field points hitting the same point of impact , it seems anything of similar weight i put on the front of my arrow will hit the same .

Moral of the story , muzzy's are the most dificult head to get to fly with field points that I know of , and thats why I tune with them .
Old 09-12-2007, 12:09 PM

I shoot the ST Axis with 2" Blazers and have no problems with Muzzy's. The Blazers are mounted with the maximum degree of offset the fletcher will allow. In fact; I can get the 75, 100, and 125 gr. Muzzy's to all shoot into 2" at 20 yards. The 100 grain, being closest to optimum spine, shoot the best. I agree that they are about the most difficult head to get to fly the same as field points, though.

Quick Reply: Muzzy's don't work for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.