Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tru Ball Xtreme release

Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Tru Ball Xtreme release

I've been using a Tru Ball Xtreme release , the problem is that it's loud.
Is there any other release out there that anyone could suggest, instead of this one.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tru Ball Xtreme release

Zipp.

The release only sounds loud because it is at your ear
Have some one else shoot it and you stand back 10ft you will be surprised how loud it isn't

I use the Extreme for hunting and I have yet to have anything jump the string because of the noise[8D]
Old 09-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Spike

If your talking about the Pro Diamond extreme I used it for years and was never really happy with it, it seemed loud to me too. I left it at the cabin on a hunt last year in Illinois and my buddy loaned me an extra caliper release and Ireally noticed a difference in the practicality of the wrist caliper in verses a hand held.There is alot less room for error in case shaken by a monster buck.I can recommend a goodwrist caliper Iam happy with and that is the TruFire Bulldog extreme. It only has one moving jaw and imo feels alot smoother on release. But make no mistake the Tru Ballwill still go but it will be on hot standy if something happens to my new release.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a truball head on trufire buckle. It's quiet. Jaws are smoothest out there and are sping loaded. They don't stay open. Go try some in a store. Maybe yours is just bad. I've tried scotts, trufires and a couple others I can't remember. The truball has the best, quietest head IMO.