Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow question

Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bow question

Ok, why when I shoot my bow and I have a good grip on it, why does it go to left and right, when I shoot the bow it wobbles, so how can I stopit from doing that? When it doesn't wobble I hit it right in the center from 20 yards.so some help plz
Old 09-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow question

It could be the way you grip the bow isn't as good as you think. If the bow 'wobbles' on some shots and not on others, something you are doing isn't consistent. Could you describe the way you grip the bow for us?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

It could be the way you grip the bow isn't as good as you think. If the bow 'wobbles' on some shots and not on others, something you are doing isn't consistent. Could you describe the way you grip the bow for us?
Or better still post some pics
Old 09-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

ok last night I noticed that my shot was going always around the bulls eye(to the left)so I looked at my rest and it was no straight it was instead of pointing straight it was pointing to the left a little making my shot go around the bulls eye soI got that straight got my sight straight shot 1 arrow at 10 hit the bulls eye shot another arrow at 10 yards hit the bulls eye then I got at 20 yards and shot the bulls eye. so I hope I got it fixed, another thing I noticed is that a friend of mine tells me just to let the bow (when i'm at full draw) rest on my hand not grip it what do you all think? how do you hold your bow? (i'm shooting a Bowtech Samson at 70lbs.)
Old 09-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

G O N,

Maybe a lot of your problem is that, as you state, you have agood grip on it. Gripping a bow cuases torque. The bow moves when you shoot and accuracy suffers.

If you want to know how to NOT grip a bow there is a good tutorial on http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/featu...unter/getagrip.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:53 PM

I believe Aussie has a pic or two on proper hand placement. I know I've seen someone post it on here before.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the advice!!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I believe Aussie has a pic or two on proper hand placement. I know I've seen someone post it on here before.
You mean these pics