Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

silly me

Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default silly me

while tuning my hunting arrows (same arrows...just added tracer nocks and 3 blade muzzys instead of field points..) i quit shooting that field point arrow and trying to move my broadheads towards it. i felt that was a waste of good muscle power and i always wind up hitting my FP arrow with a broadhead...10$ a pop that gets expensive.

tonight i shout a couple fieldpoints and they are hitting ~3" higher or so than my broadheads...i checked my broadheads out to 40yds though and they are flyin good and hitting where im aiming. season starts in a week...

should i worry about it?? id hate to mess something up...im guessing its the tracer nocks putting my arrows slightly lower than the FP arrows..the bow was dead on with FPs...now its dead on with BHs

worry about it? let it go?? anything wrong with letting it go?? just makin sure....
Old 09-07-2007, 07:11 PM

Default RE: silly me

If they are flying good and only off by 3", just move your sight a touch and go get em. I wouldn't worry about tuning that 3" out of your set up.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

they seem to be flyin like darts...

funny that my FPs hit higher than they did before. i think that happened when i decided my rest and loop were set too high. my nap 1000 was lookin closer to vertical...the guy at the shop "been at it for years and just eyeballs em" the arrow was sitting much higher than the bottom of the hole in my riser...i think it may have been sitting at the top of that hole actually...

regaurdless...i lowered the rest to have my arrow at the bottom of that hole...lowerd my loop accordingly...and now my broadheads are dead on..my fieldpoints are high. i want to check flight one more time. flight and penetration seem excellent..but it was 25mph winds today...i wanna check it once more in the calm.

heck...now were talkin moving sights to get my sights back on for the FPs, then adjusting my stuff to bring my broadheads to the FPs...toooo much work right now hopefully flight is good..pretty sure it is but i gotta be sure...only way im touchin it is if flight is horrible i know it aint horrible. looked fine in 25mph winds..and last weekend when i was shooting it did as well in calm...college makes things rough...only get to shoot a couple times a week after school starts...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Try turning the top limb bolt out a turn. Could be nock travel,

By lowering the rest you could be getting some slight fletch contact. Sounds like your right there and regardless of what you do you'll be ready. I'd rather not see the head drop.