Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Versacam Vs. CommandCam +

Old 01-02-2002, 04:10 PM

Default Hoyt Versacam Vs. CommandCam +

Getting close to getting a new Hoyt. Any recommendations as to versacam vs command cam plus? Advantages or disadvantages of each. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hoyt Versacam Vs. CommandCam +

rhulette,

Welcome to the forum.

To answer your question...

Both cams have adjustable draw length with the use of an inner cam draw length module and also a draw stop in the case of the Versacam. The draw length adjusts over a 3-4 inch range without needing a bow press.

The Versacam also allows you to change the percentage of letoff via the draw stop feature and the same inner draw length adjustment module.

In my opinion the Command Cams Plus are a step above the regular Command Cams because the new design promotes a quieter bow. The CC+ still have more recoil than any of the perimeter weighted style single cams offered, like the Versa or Excel cams but the noise level is getting pretty close.

Some folks like the "ultra-fine tuning" that one can do with a dual cam bow but I still prefer the lower noise level and lower level of vibration typical of a perimeter weighted style single cam.

The biggest disadvantage to this type of single cam bow is excessive string creep because of the extra long string found typically found on these bows. The Versacam and Excel cam no longer have this problem. Both bows utilize a dual track idler wheel that serves many purposes but first and foremost it reduces the amount of string creep because there are now two strings or rather one short string and two short cables.

I hope this helps some.

Frank
Old 01-03-2002, 10:32 AM

Default RE: Hoyt Versacam Vs. CommandCam +

The Versa Cam has adjustable let-off from 65%-80%.

The Command Cam Plus has a choice of 65% or 75% let-off.

My choice is the Versa Cam, because you can change the let-off.