Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute

Old 09-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute

ORIGINAL: archer58

I have an '06 tribute and am having the same trouble. I have center shot at about 15/16" after walk back tuning , but bh's won't group w/ fp's.
they are hitting to the right about 5". I am a Lefty.
it's become very frustrating and I'm ready to sell the bow.

I have spec'ed the bow. Cable stop timed the bow and the cams are in sync. Not much left to do ,I believe it's due to excessive cam lean. I've even checked the axles.
Here's a thought I'm pondering...

Buy a set of barnsdale limbs for ~$150 and fix where Bowtech's issue's lie.
I wonder if the barnsdale limbs wouldn't flex as much as the gordon glass?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Here's a thought I'm pondering...

Buy a set of barnsdale limbs for ~$150 and fix where Bowtech's issue's lie.
I wonder if the barnsdale limbs wouldn't flex as much as the gordon glass?
Why didn't I think of that.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, I wonder how much we could sell our BT limbs for on At to recoup some of the cost .

Here's what I'm thinking. 2006 Tribute-
I love the draw, am happy with the power provided, like the draw stop and cable stops. The specs are what I want to shoot.
Don't like how close the cam & limb caps rub, it just isn't a great design IMHO.
So, sell it for pennies on the dollar and spend another ~$700 for a new bow or throw ~$150 (+shipping) at it to aquirethe bow I want.

(same specs w/ barsdale limbs and ame smooth draw, I've heard - never felt- that the Elite & HCA bows of near equal specs don't draw as smooth, both have a hump described that I won't hunt with.)

I know that when you send a bow to barnsdale for the limb swap they also swap out the axles to accomidate the cam to limb spacers my bow never had to begin with.

I started out wanting to get this done on my Patriot since they will build a weight specific limb for you, now I'm thinking the Tribute might also be a candidate.

Hmm, 62# Barnsdale limbs. Sounds good to me.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:43 PM

Ok so to finish my story. I got my 2nd tribute today and it shoots true through paper with the rest on the riser. I can shoot consistent groups with both field tips and broadheads out to 40 yds. My dealer called bowtech and they are going to send him new limbs to put on my 1st bow and then if he can get it to shoot true, he'll use it as a demo. Also, I was mistaken about the weight of my arrows. They are actually 400 grains but they have the number 340 on them which refers to some other thing. So I should be in good shape. Thanks for everybody's help and I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else because it was very stressful and frustrating. I have to say, though, I've got a great dealer and if I'm afraid if I had a so-so dealer I never would have gotten to the bottom of this.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Srevans3,
I'm curious to know something. I noticed on my Tribute that the bottom cam leans outwardly at full draw MUCH more than the top cam.
I believe this is what moves the center shot out away from the center of the bow. Is your's that way also?
I spent the entire day trying to bh tune this bow w/ no luck. Bh's impact 5 inches to the right no matter what. I hung it up and won't use it for hunting this year.
If the new limbs fix this problem I would like to know. If that is your problem also.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:18 PM

archer58

I can't answer your question as my first bow is back at the dealer for him to try and fix with new limbs and I never paid attention to the cams position at full draw. Seems like if you have a problem, though, your dealer should have to either fix it or replace your bow. My dealer was very easy to work with on this.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:06 AM

I seem to have some play in the axle/bushing in the bottom cam. I wonder how much IF ANY play is acceptable? Should it have no play?
The top cam has some play, but not as much as the top.
I wonder if this is the problem?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Archer58, I was reading last year and early this year where limbs were getting replaced- but it was usually due to the cam hitting or rubbing the limb. If this is the case you are a shoe-in for new limbs under warranty. If it is just twisted you might be in for a tougher battle to get it covered.

I doubt it will tune worth a crap in the condition you described. My limb to cam clearance is zero where the limb caps are. I've got it tuned with a limb driver, but it wasn't easy.
Everything had to be Juuust right. (isn't this usually the case[8D]).
Old 09-10-2007, 09:21 AM

I had to get my limbs replaced as well this year. My cams had rubbed a groove into the limbs. It still shot great but I wanted the replacement.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Archer58, I was reading last year and early this year where limbs were getting replaced- but it was usually due to the cam hitting or rubbing the limb. If this is the case you are a shoe-in for new limbs under warranty. If it is just twisted you might be in for a tougher battle to get it covered.
Unfortunately , I have no rubbing.
If it's not one thing , it's another. Just a bad outward lean.
It shoots fp's fine. Just not bh's w/ fp's.

Quick Reply: Fine tuning a new Bowtech tribute

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.