Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Martin Jaguar grip

Old 09-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Spike

Default Martin Jaguar grip

I am thinking about buying a Marting Jaguar from a friend of mine. The bow is fine except the grips are missing on it. I looked on Martin's website and found the Thermal II grip which looks good. My question is is that the only thing I have to buy or do I also have to get the grips that were originally on it? I didn't know if the Thermal grips just wrap around underneath the wooden grip or if it's a completely different set of grip. I emailed Martin with the same question but I haven't received a response.

Also is Martin's website the only place to purchase this item. I was wanting to see if someone else had a price difference.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:09 AM

Default RE: Martin Jaguar grip

I wouldn't buy the thermal grip. I believe it is rubber, which will cause your hand to stick to it. It won't move freely while the bow is drawn, so the bow is much more easily torqued. You don't need the side plates. Just wrap the grip area with some grip tape. These homemade grips are far more comfortable and will keep the bow from torquing more easily.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

I have the same bow and just upgraded the grip to the thermal elite. It is awesome and i highly recommened it. If you want the original thermal rubber grip pm me and i will ship it to you.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Can't remember which grip is which...but the martin grip what has the wood side plates is leather underneath (i believe...if not, it's a very un-tacky rubber).