Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Someone Help me shootin low!!

Old 09-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Someone Help me shootin low!!

What can you guys recommend for someone shooting low? Not all the time just sometimes???

Please keep in mind I have been shooting for probably ten years or so. I understand the basics, just not sure where this all coming from suddenly? Im generally a 260-270out of 300 style shooter?Im not horribly bad just suck here lately???

I just noticed the prong covers on my rest are becoming fairly worn, I am going to change these tommorow, but this still does not explain why I only do it periodically???

Im sorry dont mean to sound like an idiot here?!!?!? Just looking for some small tips that I may be missing??
Old 09-03-2007, 04:18 PM

Default RE: Someone Help me shootin low!!

Stop dropping your bow arm and lifting your head to see where the arrow hits. Continue aiming at the target until the arrow hits it.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

THANKS MOBOW I am making sure that I am not doing this as well....?? As this is one of the things I am costantly checking when I start getting aggravated!
Old 09-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

A slightly different anchor point with your release hand.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Ausie this is more along the lines of something I was thinking, just enough out of whack I am not noticing???

A buddy of mine says dont worry about it just shoot another day and it will be fine! Which is probably true, the next time will be 10's all day long but I dont wanna be havin one of myOFF days in the woods!!

Im sure I am not the only one with this problem, its just so damn aggravating and the more mad I get the worse I shoot!!! Haha! Had to vent a lil bit!!
Old 09-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like all the above....
Old 09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just to keep you guys up on my prob....
I shot around 4:30 today and couldnt get my shots(15) within 1''- 4'' from the bottom of the dot??

Just came back from shooting again(15-20arrows) and every arrowwas drilling out a 1'' dot on the target?? If they were not right on they were damn close!!

Im thinking about taking back what I said about keeping my bow in my truck in the heat?? Do you think this would have any affect?? I dunno???
Old 09-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Just to keep you guys up on my prob....
I shot around 4:30 today and couldnt get my shots(15) within 1''- 4'' from the bottom of the dot??

Just came back from shooting again(15-20arrows) and every arrowwas drilling out a 1'' dot on the target?? If they were not right on they were damn close!!

Im thinking about taking back what I said about keeping my bow in my truck in the heat?? Do you think this would have any affect?? I dunno???
Yes indeed.... I don't ever keep mine in the truck for a long period of time. When I do have to leave it there, I leave the window open a few inches.
I won't even leave my bow in the garage, it's kept in the house.
That may be your problem.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rev, this is possible so I now have my bow in the house and it will remain here until i shoot again and then its coming right back here! If I do notice a diffence I will be sure to share with you guys!

Anyone else know what I could be missing?? I know the best thing for me to do is just shoot, shoot, and shoot some more but this is frustrating!!
I might just have to take up traditional archery!!haha
Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The more you think about it the worse it will get--turn off the brain and just let it flow.jmo.

Quick Reply: Someone Help me shootin low!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.