Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Choosing Correct Spine and Weight

Old 09-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Choosing Correct Spine and Weight

I am picking up my new Guardian next week and when I walk into the pro shop, I want to be able to have new arrows in hand to begin shooting with. I want to get the Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket. My draw length is 30" with 70 lb weight. Can you give me a starting point as far as which ones I should get.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 09-01-2007, 07:22 PM

Default RE: Choosing Correct Spine and Weight

Axis FMJ 300's
Old 09-01-2007, 07:28 PM

From the spec's you said and the rest of itleft to default the OnTarget2 said you need 400 size arrows. More specs would be needed to increase acuracy of the calculation.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

From the spec's you said and the rest of itleft to default the OnTarget2 said you need 400 size arrows. More specs would be needed to increase acuracy of the calculation.
You might want to check that again.There is no way he can shoot a 400 with a 70# bow at 30",ESPECIALLY a high energy bow such as the Guardian.

My program is down right now but I have done enough calculations that I would be very surprised if he didn't need the 300's.,MAYBE the 340's but when in doubt,go stiffer.He is right at the break over point according to the charts between the 340's and 300's.

I would imagine he would use a 29" arrow and the chart indicates a 340 for that.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:00 PM

Well, from the info that he gave me that is what it said. For the rest of the specs I had to use the default settings so that is why.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

He still gave you 30" and 70#.He also gave you a very hard cam bow but that bow should be in the program I would think.

Check your arrow length on the default settings and make sure it is atleast 29" and then see what it says.

The rest of the info won't make that much difference.It will make some difference but you will get much closer that way.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Redneck, what additional info do you need? Rest will be a fall-away. Stringloop with release. If there is anything else you need, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Paul
Old 09-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Arrow length,fletching,wraps and point weightare some things he will most likely need.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:55 PM

Paul

I ran your numbers through OT2 and came up with the FMJ's 300. According to the results I came up with; you would achieve perfect spine with a 30" arrow and 125 grain tip. With a 29" arrow, you would still have good spine but just a bit more stiff.

Of course, thats if you leave your bow set at 70 pounds and have the 30" drawlength.

Someone doublecheck my numbers.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:36 PM

Yes I need all those weights. Plus point weight and the length of arrow you want to shoot. Some keep the same as their DL but I don't.
Do you shoot peep?

I'll run it through that and see what I get.

Quick Reply: Choosing Correct Spine and Weight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.