Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gettin a new rest...

Old 09-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gettin a new rest...

I agree with the rev...I use to use a WB and I was constantly having to re-fletch my arrows. If you want a WB, then look towards the hostage...

I personally use a drop away which I love leaps and bounds over the WB. Just my two cents...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:40 PM

http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/default.htmlBuilt like a tank. Easy to tune. My 2 cents, Limb Driver Pro, Best fallaway on the market today.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:03 PM

The guy at the pro shop had nothing but good things to say about the Spot Hogg Whammy rest, so i bought it. Its a drop away and it is AMAZING! I really like it.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd try out the limb saver drop. Then again I know what I want in a rest and could quickly tell if it would fit the bill. Haven't seen one yet but it looks as if it would be the ticket. Buy what ever from a place you can return it. Most places even though they claim 100% satisfaction are anything but. Cabela's is a good place to buy from. There are some storesI could mention to avoid. One of the biggest things that burns me is a product tht the manufacture must know is crap, but they swindle guys into buying one and know they have no way of returning it after they try it. They can kiss my ... and go out of business.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

I had a WB and now I have the QAD Ultra and love it. Why would anyone want ANY contact with shaft and fletching when launching an arrow? Just doesn't make any sense to me. With the QAD Ultra you get total arrow containment just like the WB AND the benifits of a drop away. How can you beat that!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech9

I had a WB and now I have the QAD Ultra and love it. Why would anyone want ANY contact with shaft and fletching when launching an arrow? Just doesn't make any sense to me. With the QAD Ultra you get total arrow containment just like the WB AND the benifits of a drop away. How can you beat that!
This has been covered a million times, but I guess one more won't hurt. With most rests, contact with a fletch is a bad thing. It's usually on one fletch, in one spot. It throws the arrow off. With the WB, contact is a good thing. It is on all fletches and is evenly spread. In fact, it prevents uneven contact. Uneven contact is all but impossible with a WB. This is a good thing, a very good thing.

The range that I frequent has mostly WB shooters. I'll bet 80-90% are using it and I'm one. This includes a lot of very experienced hunters who always get many big game animals. None of them have problems with fletching coming off or being rippled. None have trouble tuning them or their bows that contain them. None have trouble with noise or freezing bisquits or any of the other problems one hears about so frequently on these forums. The reason - the shop owner knows his stuff and sets them and the arrows up properly.

There is no way in the world that tens of thousands of hunters can be having no complaints if the rest had inherent problems. Those having trouble simply don't know how to properly set one up, or how to properly fletch an arrow so they work with one. I have no problem with anyone who prefers a different rest, but to suggest that the WB is going to automatically cause trouble, is wrong.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

ORIGINAL: Bowtech9

This has been covered a million times, but I guess one more won't hurt. With most rests, contact with a fletch is a bad thing. It's usually on one fletch, in one spot. It throws the arrow off. With the WB, contact is a good thing. It is on all fletches and is evenly spread. In fact, it prevents uneven contact. Uneven contact is all but impossible with a WB. This is a good thing, a very good thing.

The range that I frequent has mostly WB shooters. I'll bet 80-90% are using it and I'm one. This includes a lot of very experienced hunters who always get many big game animals. None of them have problems with fletching coming off or being rippled. None have trouble tuning them or their bows that contain them. None have trouble with noise or freezing bisquits or any of the other problems one hears about so frequently on these forums. The reason - the shop owner knows his stuff and sets them and the arrows up properly.

There is no way in the world that tens of thousands of hunters can be having no complaints if the rest had inherent problems. Those having trouble simply don't know how to properly set one up, or how to properly fletch an arrow so they work with one. I have no problem with anyone who prefers a different rest, but to suggest that the WB is going to automatically cause trouble, is wrong.
I never suggested that the WB would cause fletching problems with tearing or coming off I was talking more about speed or a slight loss of it from the contact with the wiskers. I guess it like they say...........To each his own!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use a QAD Ultra drop-away rest.I love it!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 AM

I never suggested that the WB would cause fletching problems with tearing or coming off
I didn't say you did. I said it frequently comes up on theses forums.

I was talking more about speed or a slight loss of it from the
contact with the wiskers.
It's true that most will lose 1 or 2 fps over some rests. Is there anything less consequential in bowhunting than a couple fps on an arrow? Even the color of your fletch is more important than that.

I guess it like they say...........To each his own!
Of course. I'm just trying to see that the OP (and others considering a WB) get good information about the rest. If you know what you're doing, the rest can be setup to work very well. You may still prefer another type, but not because there's a significant flaw with the WB.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

For Full containment I would look no further than the Hostage by Bowtech. It has all the advantages of the WB without all the fletch contact. As far as Drop Away rests there is none better than the Limb Driver.

Dan

Quick Reply: Gettin a new rest...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.