Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

broadhead groups...

Old 09-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: broadhead groups...

well i think i figured things out. i was consistantly shooting low yesterday and today. today i slid down my loop a little wee bit and started drilling my spot consistantly. only flyers i have i have IDed as heads that i bent blades on and didnt notice tiny bends and sometimes they shoot almost true, others they are horrible..thats on 2 heads...i really never noticed. i really need a good broadhead target...im shooting a foam one i got from Dick's sporting goods...its 2" thick harder foam...does alright but its shot up...they fly through and sometimes hit a pallet behind my target...should moved the pallet before shooting like i did last year
Old 09-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

at 20yds my broadhead groups seem to be really opened up sometimes..other times they seem to fly dead on and true as could be.

shooting 125gr muzzys...thought it was broadhead tuned...i got 3 heads on 3 arrows and sometimes they all fly like darts...others they are unpredictable it seems.

i am still trying to rule myself out of the equation...i will admit to shooting them after a long fieldpoint session most of the time...but its wierd that i can still throw my fieldpoints well...guess they do magnify my form errors more than fieldpoints...could be it i guess...

but anything else to check for?? i spun them and they all spin like a Top...

yes arrow spine is good...

also, at longer ranges they seem to be more consistent...which really stumps me...

They certain magnify your form errors a bit, and often times it will take that arrow longer to stabilize. I also agree w/ one of the previous comments on not shooting BH groups. I've shot one BH and then one FP, then retrieve both arrows. I haven't had any problems shaving fletching off since I started religiously shooting this way, and no sliced arrows.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry for the misclarification....i learned the hard way about shootingBH groups...if it wasnt shaved fletchings it was busted shafts...learned that last year...i still call it a group though...i shoot 3 at 3 different spots...can still read it as a group...just imagine one spot with the 3 arrows where they hit....

tomarrow will clarify weather or not i got the final tune down. pretty sure i do. and put my tracer nocks in and make sure they are ok as well...should be...they were...but i will be shooting with the tracer nocks and broadheads pretty religiously...everytime i shoot..usually the first 15-25 shots are with my "hunting arrows" then i shoot FPs at the bag to save the BH target lol...