Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

tell me not to worry

Old 08-28-2007, 05:45 PM

Default tell me not to worry

alright guys, i have a 06 bowtech allegiance which i know are notorious for cracking limbs. well last night i noticed what looked like the paint peeling from the edge of the upper limb, but when i went to peel it off it came out in a piece almost the whole length of the upper limb, in a real stiff fiber like piece. it doesn't look cracked, and it is still shooting fine, but is this a sign?is it ok to shoot? 11 days before season, just wanna make sure.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM
NWA
Spike

Default RE: tell me not to worry

Can you post a pic? It doesn't sound good. My Liberty, just did the same thing, though I didn't peel it. But if I di it would have been exactly like you described.
I would venture to say you need to have a new limb put on. Take it to your place of purchase and they should handle it. I would say contact Bowtech, but they won't deal with the customer[:@]

I feel your pain
Nick
Old 08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to tell you not to worry since that is what you asked for.

But if it was me I would be ****ting bricks right now! That totally sucks. I would take it into a shop and have them look at it. Maybe they can rush order a new set of limbs for you.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The notorious cracking of Bowtech limbs was started by the president of Bowtech when he was canned for supposedly giving trade secrets to Martin. The guy married a Matin Girl.I should have saved the article for this sort of post.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

The notorious cracking of Bowtech limbs was started by the president of Bowtech when he was canned for supposedly giving trade secrets to Martin. The guy married a Matin Girl.I should have saved the article for this sort of post.
It started way before any of that. But he did add to it.

He puts Barnsdale limbs on his bows now.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kevin Strothers came out and told people about his reasons for not being with Bowtic,tic,tic anymore--one of the reasons was that he said he told them they would have problems with limbs not holding up to the pre-load and aggressive cam design.Golly gee he really did know what he was talking about.[&:].He isn't the reason for limb problems,Blowtech is!JMHO.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here we go with the bashing thread again. It's funny how so many people have issues with Bowtech yet I've never met one in person. And, the peopleI talk to that service them around here and others that shoot them around here have never had a problem.

If i'm not mistaken he was fired. He didn't walk away. The issues didn't come out from him until after he was canned. Also,the bow he designed looked an aweful lot like a Bowtech.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry davey but facts are facts.[X(]
Old 08-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd quit shooting that bow and get it to a bowtech dealer. If you're the original owner, you should be covered under warranty. I keep hearing about these bowtech limb nightmares... I keep shooting my '03 and check it after every shot just to make sure my life isn't in jeopardy, but my limbs seem to be holding up just fine
Old 08-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

A customer of my friend purchased a BowTech a few months ago from his pro shop, 2 weeks ago he noticed a crack, it was the paint, under BowTech's own warranty policy this IS NOT COVERD. But I would have it checked out anyway

Quick Reply: tell me not to worry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.