Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Draw Length

Old 08-28-2007, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default Draw Length

how do i measure it? do i just stretch out my arms like im shootin a bow, and measure it?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Draw Length

to get your proper draw length go to your pro shop, they will have a bow setup that is used for checking your draw, its got a long ruler on it.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use the search function. You'll get lots of info.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the way I check for draw length:
Spread your arms straight out at shoulder heigth. Don't over extend yourself, or you will get a false reading... you don't want to have your arms flexed backwards... just straight across your chest. Have someone measure your total wingspan in inches from middle finger tip to middle finger tip. Take that number in inches and divide it by 2.5. That will give you a number that I use as a starting off point for draw length measurements.

Just the way I do it.... works great for me.

I've seen other folks in the know use those bows that measure... which work alright, but only if your form is correct. Other still measure from the wall to the corner of the mouth... with a closed fist on the wall. That works too.... if you form is correct.

I've also seen wingspan measured across the back of the shoulders from tip to tip.

The wingspan method works because it doesn't matter if your form is great or if it sucks.... its measuring YOU! Not your form!