Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

question about arrow weight and speed loss

Old 08-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: question about arrow weight and speed loss

For me to get as much difference as they had I would have to increase another 100 gr of arrow weight on my bow.Even then at 20 yards I would only be 6 fps difference in the amount of speed lost.

That is comparing 657 gr arrow to a 367 grain arrow.I lost 7 fps with the heavy arrow and 13 fps with the light arrow.This was using my ballistic program.

I can't get into it now because of a computer glitch but this was some info I had saved.

I still believe he needs to test it to see if he would lose as much when shot from the same bow.My program shows is does not.Atleast I think all the info was the same on the 2 sheets I had saved.