Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

diiferant arrows and maybe 125gr.s

Old 01-06-2003, 04:53 AM

Default diiferant arrows and maybe 125gr.s

as people know i have been having on going problems with my bow. if you have read the ongoing problems. do you think a lighter arrow and maybe a heavier head ( 125gr. ) might help or worsen the problem.

Old 01-06-2003, 06:03 AM

Default RE: diiferant arrows and maybe 125gr.s

Quilly,

You will have a tough time finding a better arrow than Terminator Hunters. They are perfectly suited to hunting because of their heavy weight but won't shoot as flat as lighter arrows(but your bow will be more quiet than a 8 grain per inch arrow). I used Terminator's and still do but I shot them with a 145 gr head so you may want to try a 125 for sure.

A quit test to see if your center shot is on or not is to start at 20 yards and shoot 1 arrow(continue to use your 20 yard pin for 30,40,50 etc), than goto 30 and shoot 1 arrow, and 1 at 40 and 1 at 50 and so on. By using your 20 yard pin the arrows at farther ranges will drop accordingly and you should be left with a fairly vertical line of arrows. If they all line up then your center shot is on but if they start left at 20 and get progressively worse adjust the rest inward.

Another thing might be torque, try shooting the bow while gripping with just the "V" between your thumb and fore finger. Also, at full draw peek up at your idler wheel the string should come off straight. If your torquing, the string will come off of the idler wheel at an angle you will have to hold the grip in as neutral position as possible. A good indication of cam lean or torque is that your sight pins will be left or right of center when you hold your bow out in front of you and line up your string and pins.

1 more thing, you could also slowly increase the poundage. I shot my Terminators at 76 lbs and they flew fine.

Edited by - corey006 on 01/06/2003 07:14:18