Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

a good fletcher?

Old 01-05-2003, 05:47 AM

Default a good fletcher?

i was wondering on what is a good one to get? my B-day is coming up in february and i will have my girlfriend buy one for me.
i would like to get some differant vanes put on my arrows. plane white and yellow are not real good for me to see. unless it is snow on the ground.

Old 01-05-2003, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: a good fletcher?

There's quite a few good fletchers on the market but I don't think you'll find any better than a Bitzenburger jig.

Most shops that do any large quantity of custom fletching use them as do most factories that hand fletch arrows.

I'm not sure how many people know about this aftermarket accessory I'm about to mention but, Bomar Archery Products make a nock receiver that indexes each arrow nock exactly the same. Once you fletch the first arrow and set the nock exactly where you want it, you can set the nock receiver up to fletch every arrow exactly the same... Awesome product...I have them in all three of my Bitz jigs.

Edited by - BowTech_Shooter on 01/05/2003 08:28:14
Old 01-05-2003, 10:13 AM
tm
Fork Horn

I've used the BPE fletchers for years and like them. Not as expensive as a Blitz and do a good job + they have several features that the Bitz doesn't. Never did like the multiple vane/shaft fletchers as much.

Old 01-05-2003, 10:35 AM

do any of you know a good website i can take a look at them?

i did see one wher i bough my bow. it was metal and you put the shaft through the hole. then take this stamped metal piece and put it through a notch on the side and brings you staright down on the shaft.

Old 01-05-2003, 02:15 PM

You can get a Bitzenberger fletcher at any Bass Pro Shop the cheapest, If you have one within driving distance. Or search for Bitzenberger fletchers and pick the archery supplier that is the cheapest. Bowman Archery was advertising free shipping on orders over $50.00. You may have to buy a dozen nocks or something to make the $50.00, but you will save about $7.00 shipping.

It's Eagle Archery instead of Bowman. Go to www.eaglearchery.com the price is $64.95 shipped. That is the lowest that I have found.
Good Luck,
Robert

Edited by - Robert58 on 01/05/2003 16:43:23
Old 01-05-2003, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Jo Jan Multifletcher is another super top quality all metal fletcher. Of course this jig allows you to fletch 6 shafts at a time which really seems to speed up the process. It's worth checking out as well.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

What Ic saids goes for me also love
my Jo-jan works slick!
Old 01-08-2003, 07:24 PM

Bitzenberger fletcher

Josh Harry
Old 01-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do any of you guys that use the Bitz ever have any problems with helicals? I always seem to have a problem, I have been ussing it for years and always tell myself that there must be a better way. I can never seem to get the clamp lined up perfectly on the shaft with the bitz. There always seems to be one end that is not touching the shaft perfectly even after adjusting it.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:48 PM

go with the bitzenburger you wont be disappointed

Quick Reply: a good fletcher?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.