Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Newbie Question

Old 08-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Newbie Question

ORIGINAL: flatpickinfred

Hey Rev,
It was at a box store. But they are the best in town. The Pro shop in town just has a bunch of guys behind the counter bumping into each other all day. A buddy of mine ordered 2 dozen arrows from the proshop and it tooks 4 months to get them. He went in over a month ago and arrows had been there for a while but they didn't know who they belonged to. Once the set them up for him they tried to charge him for a fletching job instead of the price of the arrows etc. So I'm at a loss as to where to get some good advice, help and setup.
I figured as much it was a package store, hate to hear your proshop is as bad as you said...

Don't put any heat near your arrow or BH.. You couldn't do the job to start with, don't try to fix it. You won't know when you've over heated an arrow. We are messing with something that could be dangerous. If it's a package store take them back, explain why you have now banged up the BH. If they won't do anything, ask to see the store manager..If that does't work PM me, with the store phone number, I bet I can get it fixed for you... I know how to deal with retailers.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:28 PM

Hey everyone. I took the arrows with epoxied broadhaeds back to the store. They mangaged to get the broadheads off but owe me a new set of arrows. I say owe because of course a week and a half before the start of Elk season they don’t have them in stock. Rev I appreciate you offering the back up. Luckily it didn’t come to that. Needless to say I will have them cut the new arrows and I will be putting in the inserts and then the broadheads. In the mean time I converted over my four remaining field point arrows to my broadhead arrows. Thanks for the advice and words of wisdom. I’m sure I will be back with lots of questions.

Fred

Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 PM

Im glad it somewhat worked out for ya. Good luck elk hunting!!!