Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching Jigs for quik spin

Old 09-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletching Jigs for quik spin

ORIGINAL: gibblet

the package says DO NOT USE A HELICAL CLAMP or a left offset.
I use quite a noticable right offset (with a right helical clamp) on my 2" QS vanes, and have shot these shaftsat 20- 60 yards targetswithout any problems, they work just as good as the right helical 2" blazers.
One other thing the tech told me was to put some lipstick on the little kicker wing. Clamp it in the jig, remove the vane and take a dremmel tool and grind off the metal under the lipstick. Keep repeating and grinding till no more lipstick transfers to the clamp.
This sounds really strange to me--as everytime you want to change the distance your vane is, relative to your nock you'll have to work another groove.
The easiest thing to do is to sandwish a piece of 'thin cardboard' on the side of the vane where the kicker is at,and this allows the vane to fit tight in the clamp--no dremmeling or cutting of your clamp.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:35 PM

1/16" offset is recommended by QS.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bitz...2 degrees
Old 09-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

whack said it best, however I fletch mine on a Bitz with a rh helical and a slight offset. They fly great but you can tell they bleed off a lot of energy from spinning so much at longer distances I'm going to switch to the speedhunters and go with a straight clamp and see how they do.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

sorry for the crappy paint

when i start to fletch my gold tips, the directions for the QS's said if you wanted to .. you can offset the vanes .. imagine a straight line throught the spine..and each outer corner of the base of the vane comes in contact of that "line" intern giving you your 1/16" offset.

im using a bohning "straight" jig .. and after getting used to the proper amount of glue... they are turning out really well... good enough for a 10 yr archery veteran to pay me to vane his eastons