Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching Jigs for quik spin

Old 08-21-2007, 11:43 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Fletching Jigs for quik spin

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher
I'm just saying it's what I have experience with and it works fine.
thats all we can do on here, is post opinions and experiences. I appreciate it.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think most companies give you their "least troublesome" recommendations but other ways still work. I have had a number of conversations on blazers here on the forum. The bohning blazer jig (for blazers) is preset to a 2 degree offset (bohnings recommendation) but plenty of folks here swear by as much helical as they can get on blazers and their arrows shoot just fine. I think a companies recommendations are just that, recommendations. That is one of the things I have come to love about archery/bowhunting: the experimenting you can do with all of the variations in arrow setup and bow setup.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:11 PM

Ihave never used offset or helical on quikspins but I fletched them as straight as possible. They flew amazingly. They were grouping about 3 inches at 40 yards, and for me that is awesome. I stopped using them becasue of clearance problems that I could not get rid of, and went with Blazers.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought the idea of the quickspins was to straight fletch , as the vane does all the spinning for ya . They have the kicker on the tip to induce the spin ??? . I'm having mine done next weekendand i was told they work real well .

Dave
ORIGINAL: whitetails101

I'm in the process of setting up my own arrows. I'm using the quik spin vanes. What jig do you reccommend and at what offset.