Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PSE or Mathews bow?

Old 08-21-2007, 02:40 AM

Default PSE or Mathews bow?

I am new to bow hunting and I'm wanting to get some opinions on which bow is the better of the two ( PSEor Mathews ).
All input will be grateful.

thanks
Old 08-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PSE or Mathews bow?

both are excellent bows, both with excellent customer service. I like the Mathews better, but that is me
Old 08-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Both make good bows. I honestly can't say I'd prefer one company's products over the other. My choice would definitely depend on the individual bow models I was looking at.

I would suggest adding Bowtech or Diamond to you list though.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:53 AM

Both companies make excellent bows. My personnal opinion is go with Mathews. I started out hunting with a PSE and have recently graduated up to my Mathews. It is an excellent performing bow.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both make good bows. I honestly can't say I'd prefer one company's products over the other. My choice would definitely depend on the individual bow models I was looking at.
I would suggest adding Bowtech or Diamond to you list though.
Even though I shoot a Mathews, I agree with Arthur 100%. If you can afford Mathews, you owe it to yourself to try the other top of the line bows. Everyone has a different idea of what's best, and while I love my Drenalin, some don't like it. The "BEST" bow is, without question, the one thatYOU like the best. It's that simple, and it doesn't matter what anyone else's opinion is.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:32 PM

Well, Mathews only offers single cam bows, so if you are looking for a dual cam you would be advised to look elsewhere. But, if that does not matter to you then I would choose the Mathews over the PSE. In my opinionI think that the PSE bows are overpriced for what the offer. If I was going to pay that much on a bow I would look at the other top of the line bows like the Mathews, Bowtech, Diamond or even Hoyt. You owe it yourself to find out which one feels the best to you,if that be aPSE, Mathews, Bowtech,Diamond, or Hoyt it doesn't matter. Just chose the one that feels best to you and that is the bow that you willshoot best with.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quite honestly the only PSE made bow I care for is the Browning Illusion.

Mathews bows, in my opinion, are over priced and poorly constructed. I do have a Mathews LX that I use as a back-up bow that I am very fond of... but I got it NIB for $200.... I'd say its worth about $400... but the Drenalin, which I have shot, is certainly not worth the $830 price tag they command at my nearby shop. $600.... ok... maybe.... MAYBE...

Its all up to you... you are the only one shooting it.

As a company... I'd take PSE if I was an investor, and Mathews if I had something broken that I needed fixing. As a consumer, I'd take High Country, Hoyt, BowTech, Diamond or Bear. No particular order.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Don't get caught up in the brand names. Go to your local dealer and shoot several. Buy the one that feels good to you not what someone says is better or worse. I shot the Matthews Drenalin and the PSE Firestorm X. I personally liked the feel, the smooth draw, the balance, and the quietness of the Firestorm X and bought it. It also has a 29 1/2" ATA which is great for tree stand and ground blind hunting. It only weighs about 3.7 lbs.

Now I just sounded like a salesman for PSE. My son in-law shoots a Switchback and loves it for the same reasons with the exception of the shorter ATA and it is a little heavier.

Bottom line........buy what is comfortable to you.

Good luck.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

I would say Mathews. Go with the Switchback. JMO Good Luck
Old 08-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, my favorite bows are PSE. Ive had nothing but success with them and have nothing but good things to say about them. But thats just me. On the other hand, it is more than obvious that Mathews makes a very great bow. So shoot them both and decide for yourself. Whichever you choose you wont be getting a bad bow, thats a promise.

Quick Reply: PSE or Mathews bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.