Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Does my drawlength look right.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Does my drawlength look right.

When I received my new bow last Friday, it was sent with the wrong modules, 26" instead of the requested 25". I said I would try out the 26" draw since I'm shooting directly off the string. I would let the proshop know Monday if the 26" draw will work. So far, I'm not having trouble with it. Here's a pic of me. Please excuse the yardwork clothes What do you guys think?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:45 PM

Default RE: Does my drawlength look right.

We can't really say from that picture. Maybe if you made it bigger, put on a tight sweater, skirt and put your hair in pony tails we would be able tell you more.

Um, then again maybe not, but you would get lots of hits on the thread anyway.

Seriously, it is pretty hard to tell from that picture. I don't know if it's the angle or what.

Would it be possible to see video of you shooting?

You do know your holding the bow with wrong hand right?

I'm gonna wait and see what others say before I give a real response, sorry.

Paul
Old 08-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

It looks long to me.It really doesn't look as if you have a good solid anchor on your face,it looks like you are barely making contact to me,drawn back to far.

Look at the nock,it is well past the eye.But you are nocking off the string.

I would think the 25" modules and a loop would be the best bet for you.

But it is a photo,and not the best angle or pic so I could be wrong.

I am seeing something you might need to look at changing.Your front foot is ahead of your back foot(closed stance).I would suggest getting square with your feet to a little open.

This might help. Don'ttry the double set,it is my thing and shouldn't be done if avoidable.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2265215

Old 08-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

We can't really say from that picture. Maybe if you made it bigger, put on a tight sweater, skirt and put your hair in pony tails we would be able tell you more.

Paul
lol wow......but awesome lol

(i cant say i wasnt hoping it wasnt another of "those" threads lol)
Old 08-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would agree with Paul that it is hard to be sure from that angle. Most experts say the arrow nock should be directly under the eye when at full draw. Looking at that, it seems like the nock is slighty behind your eye, meaning the draw may be slightly long. Then again, your knuckle of the index finger seems to be right behind the jaw bone where you should be anchoring. You are also not displaying any clear signs of drawing too long - leaning back, draw elbow below the draw hand, etc. If it were me, I would just straighten out the bow arm elbow, but some really like to shoot with a slightly bent arm. Maybe you should have more pics taken, or visit a local pro shop for more feedback.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

I would agree with Paul that it is hard to be sure from that angle. Most experts say the arrow nock should be directly under the eye when at full draw. Looking at that, it seems like the nock is slighty behind your eye, meaning the draw may be slightly long. Then again, your knuckle of the index finger seems to be right behind the jaw bone where you should be anchoring. You are also not displaying any clear signs of drawing too long - leaning back, draw elbow below the draw hand, etc. If it were me, I would just straighten out the bow arm elbow, but some really like to shoot with a slightly bent arm. Maybe you should have more pics taken, or visit a local pro shop for more feedback.
I place my draw hand up against my jaw between the 2nd and 3rd knuckle. I'm actually not behind my jawbone, but at that back "notch" of my mandible. The guy at the proshop watched me shoot before I left his shop. He said that he could not detect any problems with the longer draw. Still, we agreed that I should shoot the bow over the weekend to make sure.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

You do know your holding the bow with wrong hand right?
What's sad is that I actually had to think about that one for a second. Funny.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:25 AM

Is that a back-tension release? If so, are you able to get it to "go off" easily? Back-tension can be more difficult to execute if your draw length is too long.

If you're hunting with that setup, just be aware that sometimes you have to shoot at an exact moment in order to take advantage of a small window of opportunity. Back-tension releases can make this more difficult.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

Is that a back-tension release? If so, are you able to get it to "go off" easily? Back-tension can be more difficult to execute if your draw length is too long.

If you're hunting with that setup, just be aware that sometimes you have to shoot at an exact moment in order to take advantage of a small window of opportunity. Back-tension releases can make this more difficult.
No, it's a trufire thumb release, can't remember the model name.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 AM

Doegirl75 your thinking of the Trufire 3D hunter release. I like it alot.That release has a very short arm and jaws to it so a longer draw length would be fine compared to the longer arm and jaws on most wrist style releases.

Your straight up and down in your posture which is good. Your shoulders are in line properly.Your bow arm is bent slightly and that's good. Your shooting anchor set point up against your jaw sounds fine if youre comfortable looking through the sight properly. Now if it feels good go for it.

Quick Reply: Does my drawlength look right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.