Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Rest Recommendation Needed

Old 08-31-2007, 11:20 AM

Default RE: Arrow Rest Recommendation Needed

qad ultrarest. no complaints from me.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since you are shooting a Darton Avalanche, you have plenty of cable slide travel to use a Muzzy Zero Effect. That would be my first choice, followed by the Whisker Biscuit. QADs are nice when they are operating like they are supposed to work. They are not the easiest rests to set up and have work consistently.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Fork Horn

i just saw an article of someone bowhunting in the upper alaska or the artic or something(temp was 30-) anyway they had a WB on with no problems mentioned after a five day hunt. ive been out in freezing rain with no problems at all with it.

dropaways will make you shoot better i guess ( i shoot great out to 50yrds) but they can fail alot easier then a WB. i liked seeing a guy on a show last year using a dropaway pull back on the biggest buck of his life and shoot way under it. puts in another arrow and gets another shot and misses again buck takes off looks down and his rest wasnt lifting up. that enough for me to never even chance it.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:11 AM

The Rev, a rest like that with metal stuff sticking down, fletching contact would be very detrimental and likely to occur on occasion. With a WB fletching contact is your friend. It's a good thing. It guides the arrow, supports it, and keeps if from making noise when walking through brush. On most rests, fletchng contact is your enemy. With the WB it matters little or none where your fletch are oriented. The fletch contact is supposed to take place and is what you want when using a WB.

ORIGINAL: The Rev

For what it's worth. I have used WB and found it okay, but if I were going to use a contained rest, I would go with the Hostage. Less contact with your arrows and none on your fletching, comparred to the WB.